Removing floor >

Removing floor

Notices

Removing floor

Old 10-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Removing floor

Here are a couple of the portholes being filed. I had some problems with air pockets so I put about 6 layers of light weight mat on one at a time until it cured. I used west epoxy on the mat and a roller to help with the bubles. One side I still have to sand back flush then fill with west epoxy/404 filler. The other side has been filled with the epoxy/404 mix and I need to sand off the blush and then finish filing any voids with epoxy/410.

I am not sure what the idea was but the previous owner sprayed the whole side of the boat with a light epoxy that bubbled on the yellow. The other side was the same way but has been sanded smooth. I still have to sand the starboard side and fill some areas that had gone through the gelcoat.

The bottom is just black spray paint. Pretty much rubbs off easily. I guess they planned to sand the bottom looking for hook or other irregularities in the hull. I decided to leave it when I do the same. I will just make a long straight sanding block and see where it takes off and where the black stays. That is much later on though.
Attached Thumbnails Removing floor-dcp_1840.jpg   Removing floor-dcp_1839.jpg  

Last edited by Prater; 10-12-2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Registered

Zanie,

If the boat was a late 80's or newer I would go to bravos. On the 79 I will stick to the trs drives.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Registered

Well, looks like I am down one TRS. the shop I purchased the complete gimbal and outdrive called and said that the building it was in collapsed and destryed the unit on its pallet. They sent me a refund. so back to the auctions for the second unit...