Bellhousing coolers >

Bellhousing coolers

Notices

Bellhousing coolers

Old 10-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Bellhousing coolers

My oil cooling system consists of the original cooler built in to the bellhousing. Is this a good setup? Would it be a good idea to run another small cooler after the bellhousing cooler? Engines are stock 420's. Thanks
Old 10-16-2005, 04:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bellhousing coolers

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
My oil cooling system consists of the original cooler built in to the bellhousing. Is this a good setup? Would it be a good idea to run another small cooler after the bellhousing cooler? Engines are stock 420's. Thanks
Speak to fred at trick , we supply him with a range of bell housings and cooler options including oversize coolers. I cant comment with authority on your set up since I am not familiar with the 420's. Fred could help or dan at KPM USA
jules
Old 10-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Registered

Thats what I got. Currently no oil temp gauges, but I plan on freshening the engines and adding temp gauges. thanks fred
Old 10-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran the stock TRS cooler on 454's running about 475 HP and my oil temps were too low with crossovers. If you don't use a stock thermostat setup, get an oil thermostat in the system to get the temps up-otherwise the stock oil coolers work great.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Raceangel77
Speak to fred at trick , we supply him with a range of bell housings and cooler options including oversize coolers. I cant comment with authority on your set up since I am not familiar with the 420's. Fred could help or dan at KPM USA
jules
Another curious question. Jules don't you make a bellhousing cooler? You're not familair with the Merc 420? C'mon that was a standard TRS package for years that has withstood the test of time. It may be old but its not that OLD!

I find it hard to believe that your building parts for the marine business and you make a statement like that. I've read about your company and in your own words here on OSO you are making me question your skill and knowledge levels.

Please explain.

Last edited by Psychostroker; 10-16-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Registered

My boat actually came with 400 cyclones, b/w 10-18 trannies, trs drives
Old 10-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Registered

Thanks Fred.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Registered

Hey I was just asking...no offense intended...I don't trust anything I read on the boards or even the web anymore because there is so much bad info floating around. So if I'm out of line I send my sincerest apologies.....However, I do believe that any company making parts for our boats should have a thorough understanding and knowledge of what is already out there. If they don't how can they give us the correct tech advice to do repairs or upgrades?
Old 10-17-2005, 02:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Psychostroker
Another curious question. Jules don't you make a bellhousing cooler? You're not familair with the Merc 420? C'mon that was a standard TRS package for years that has withstood the test of time. It may be old but its not that OLD!

I find it hard to believe that your building parts for the marine business and you make a statement like that. I've read about your company and in your own words here on OSO you are making me question your skill and knowledge levels.

Please explain.
Thats why I suggested that the person should talk to fred or dan. I was Honest and stated that I Was not familiar with the engine Knowing there was someone in our organization that did know . WE all have specific Knowledge , and web forums such as this are meant to encourage the sharing of knowledge and ideas and at the end of the day help the general boating public. Comments like yours are restricting the flow of ideas and advice since many Knowledgable people I know cannot be bothered with helping on a web forum. We are going to follow suit.

This is a shame!. If you are going to post on the web site be constructive , I really wonder that unless KPM had posted , whehter you would have even posted a reply.
I apologise to the person that originally posted this thread , for my response which is diverting the real issue away from the original question asked.

I notice that you did not answer the question yourself and that was left to fred at Trick. If you had then I would have bowed down to your superior greatness in all things marine.

No man is an Island.
Jules
Old 10-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Only the Best Will Do!

Mild Thunder, we manufactor a 13 plate cooler and housing that is a replacement for the Mercury Marine bellhousing coolers. Our coolers are stainless steel, and our housings are 6061-t6 aluminum that have been hard coat anodized. Give us a call at 386-446-0660, we will be glad to answer any question that you may have.
Thank you
KEPP

Quick Reply: Bellhousing coolers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.