motor spec's please evaluate >

motor spec's please evaluate

Notices

motor spec's please evaluate

Old 10-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: motor spec's please evaluate

At this point I just want them to run right before I put the boat away for the winter so I can at least start fresh next year with no problems. Its getting cold here I have to this boat out in 2 weeks tops. The Money is spent and gone no need on crying about it now. I just want to clarify one thing as far as the motor builder he has been there every step of the way and still is, sometimes I think I adopted him at this point. We have been tring to tune these in for the last month and half and he hasn't asked for a dime. He just at a loss at this point. All right back to fuel. The fuel lines are plenty large enough 5/8 lines all the way to the tank. 1/2" pipe for pick ups in tank. 2 separate 1/2" lines from fuel pump to primaries and secondaries. This problem seems to be in carb. fuel pressure is great never drops and raises perfectly with boost. 92 jets primary and 103 secondary with .130 needle and seats. Its great that everyone has has a good experience with Nickerson, I think he is the way to go at this point. I asked about The Carburetor Shop in California in another thread because he wants 400.00 ea to redo the carbs. into blow threw carbs., Nickerson wanted 900.00 ea. thats a big difference. At this point its chump change compared to what I've spent but why the big difference. Thats 800.00 compared to 1800.00 for the 2 carburetors to be reworked.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:53 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by electrical1
At this point I just want them to run right before I put the boat away for the winter so I can at least start fresh next year with no problems. Its getting cold here I have to this boat out in 2 weeks tops. The Money is spent and gone no need on crying about it now. I just want to clarify one thing as far as the motor builder he has been there every step of the way and still is, sometimes I think I adopted him at this point. We have been tring to tune these in for the last month and half and he hasn't asked for a dime. He just at a loss at this point. All right back to fuel. The fuel lines are plenty large enough 5/8 lines all the way to the tank. 1/2" pipe for pick ups in tank. 2 separate 1/2" lines from fuel pump to primaries and secondaries. This problem seems to be in carb. fuel pressure is great never drops and raises perfectly with boost. 92 jets primary and 103 secondary with .130 needle and seats. Its great that everyone has has a good experience with Nickerson, I think he is the way to go at this point. I asked about The Carburetor Shop in California in another thread because he wants 400.00 ea to redo the carbs. into blow threw carbs., Nickerson wanted 900.00 ea. thats a big difference. At this point its chump change compared to what I've spent but why the big difference. Thats 800.00 compared to 1800.00 for the 2 carburetors to be reworked.
Try member [Doug]RumRunner he is Barry Grants head tech guy , Maybe he can give ya a little advice .You can buy new blower calibrated carbs for 900 each. 900.00 Thats seems extreme

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...hp?userid=1857

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nickerson charged me $500 each. Now he wants $900?? Sounds like he's getting greedy. Like I said, there was no difference after he did my carbs. Boost referencing is not your problem.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

electrical, i bought all my parts and took em to mer. for 50k i will have 2 588, `1071 blown 1000hp engines, dart, oliver, keith back cranks all the very best parts all new execpt the blowers and 850 carbs. your guy is trying to put you to sleep with those prices. do some shopping, tommy at chief i think charges 3500 to build you a motor if you provide the parts. there a many good builders out there.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:38 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Electrical1, I guess you never hit the dyno with one of these? That would be your best bet. As far as carbs, I ordered up some from AED in Richmond, VA for a blower setup and requested a 12:1 AF ratio (they wet fow the carbs) and were like $2K for four carbs which were 850 base plates and 750 body's. Flowed around 800 wet. Everyone wanted to do
their "special" thing for the blower deal for much more $. Ran them on Zul's dyno and they were perfect, didn't even re-jet. Have been super for two years. I would get one engine
on a dyno before you trash a motor. AED's number is 804-271-9107.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: motor spec's please evaluate

circle performance in brockton mass rents out there dyno thats close to RI. AND REID in whitman mass also has a dyno were my motor was built. 509 647 hp 627tq. if you need #s or prices just post me art