calling Ray@Raylar >

calling Ray@Raylar

Notices

calling Ray@Raylar

Old 11-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile Re: calling Ray@Raylar

Just got back from SEMS, What a Waste! This is no longer a real performance show! To many tires, wheels and bull****!
I am going to check our website FAQ's, but there must be some errors on those answers. The BCK103 kit does make an honest 525HP as quite a few users who have already dyno'ed can attest to. Just adding heads only and no cam change and using a stock manifold , we and others have made 485HP on the dyno, but thats it and the peak horsepower came at 4900rpms. The problem here is rpms. Take the stock 496 with our heads over 4900 rpms which is needed for higher speeds and the power drops off drastically between 4900 and 5200 rpms, because the manifold and cam just run out of air. You guys have to keep remembering that an engine is an air pump, cut off the air supply and power goes away! You cannot use 1.8 rockers on the stock 496 because the 425HP HO cam has about .500" lift with 1.7 stock rockers and the addtional lift of 1.8 rockers will result in piston to valve clearances that are two small and can result in broken motors. If some of you are happy at 4900rpms with prop speed then just a head change can get you 60 more horsepower. As for fuel pressures. With our kit we provide the special parts to upgrade the stock Mercury fixed pressure fuel system that runs at 43psi., to be increased to 50 psi. , which is were the BCK103 - 525HP kit is designed to run. When you consider that a 496 with our kit after stock exhaust mods and be increased to about 540-550HP with better headers. I think the 525HP BCK103kit represents a great power increase without spending $3-4K on aftermarket headers. For those who have the coin and like the "bling" of aftermarket exhausts, be my guest and enjoy even more power.
As for our HO600 motors, they are a real 600HP to at 5100 rpms, but they represent a significantly higher investment in motors and require other system upgrades such as forged internals, headers, upgraded fuel system, upgraded oil cooler, larger throttle body, ECM mods and the careful "blueprinting" that they receive during buildup.
When you ask yourself, where can I get a "real 600HP blueprinted" marine motor that will drop in in place of my stock 496 for about $14K complete with everything needed except the header or exhaust system and will run on my ECM with some mods and retain the Mercury Guardian system, then you can realize what a great buy they really are. Just try shopping for anybody elses reliable 600HP naturally aspirated EFI electronic marine "blueprinted" motor that will drop in in place of your 496 and I think you will answer your own "question." Speed and power do cost money, so how much do you want? We at Raylar as well as many of our satisfied customers know that we offer the most reliable power upgrades for the 496 engine at very affordable prices.
We will be exhibiting and releasing our new 600 cubic inch 750HP naturally aspirated 496 based motor at the LA and Miami boat shows and with its new awesome looking fuel injection system and horsepower and torque levels it should WOW a few in the industry! The price may even scare a few so called competitors do death!
Hope I have clarified some more questions about our products and maybe even wetted some more appitites!

Best Regards,

Ray @ Raylar
Old 11-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: calling Ray@Raylar

Originally Posted by Raylar
Just got back from SEMS, What a Waste! This is no longer a real performance show! To many tires, wheels and bull****!
I am going to check our website FAQ's, but there must be some errors on those answers. The BCK103 kit does make an honest 525HP as quite a few users who have already dyno'ed can attest to. Just adding heads only and no cam change and using a stock manifold , we and others have made 485HP on the dyno, but thats it and the peak horsepower came at 4900rpms. The problem here is rpms. Take the stock 496 with our heads over 4900 rpms which is needed for higher speeds and the power drops off drastically between 4900 and 5200 rpms, because the manifold and cam just run out of air. You guys have to keep remembering that an engine is an air pump, cut off the air supply and power goes away! You cannot use 1.8 rockers on the stock 496 because the 425HP HO cam has about .500" lift with 1.7 stock rockers and the addtional lift of 1.8 rockers will result in piston to valve clearances that are two small and can result in broken motors. If some of you are happy at 4900rpms with prop speed then just a head change can get you 60 more horsepower. As for fuel pressures. With our kit we provide the special parts to upgrade the stock Mercury fixed pressure fuel system that runs at 43psi., to be increased to 50 psi. , which is were the BCK103 - 525HP kit is designed to run. When you consider that a 496 with our kit after stock exhaust mods and be increased to about 540-550HP with better headers. I think the 525HP BCK103kit represents a great power increase without spending $3-4K on aftermarket headers. For those who have the coin and like the "bling" of aftermarket exhausts, be my guest and enjoy even more power.
As for our HO600 motors, they are a real 600HP to at 5100 rpms, but they represent a significantly higher investment in motors and require other system upgrades such as forged internals, headers, upgraded fuel system, upgraded oil cooler, larger throttle body, ECM mods and the careful "blueprinting" that they receive during buildup.
When you ask yourself, where can I get a "real 600HP blueprinted" marine motor that will drop in in place of my stock 496 for about $14K complete with everything needed except the header or exhaust system and will run on my ECM with some mods and retain the Mercury Guardian system, then you can realize what a great buy they really are. Just try shopping for anybody elses reliable 600HP naturally aspirated EFI electronic marine "blueprinted" motor that will drop in in place of your 496 and I think you will answer your own "question." Speed and power do cost money, so how much do you want? We at Raylar as well as many of our satisfied customers know that we offer the most reliable power upgrades for the 496 engine at very affordable prices.
We will be exhibiting and releasing our new 600 cubic inch 750HP naturally aspirated 496 based motor at the LA and Miami boat shows and with its new awesome looking fuel injection system and horsepower and torque levels it should WOW a few in the industry! The price may even scare a few so called competitors do death!
Hope I have clarified some more questions about our products and maybe even wetted some more appitites!

Best Regards,

Ray @ Raylar
Ray,

Are the numbers "4900rpms ..... then just a head change can get you 60 more horsepower" based on a 100% stock Mercruiser exhaust system?

If these numbers are based upon a stock Mercruiser exhaust system what would be the rpms/ hp numbers with the your heads and the modifications to the stock Mercruiser exhaust system?

What increase in crankshaft horsepower does the addition of your stainless steel roller tappets alone provide?

Best Regards
Old 11-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ray?
Old 11-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Re: calling Ray@Raylar

Rage:

To answer your questions as best I can. Yes our cylinder heads can provide about 60HP over stock heads on a stock 496HO. this was confirmed recently by Tom and crew at Flagship Marine when they dyno'ed just this change out only. For an airboat motor. The problem though becomes that this +60hp appears at 4900 rpms and when the motor is reved up to the 5150 rpm rev limit it runs out of air and losses power above 4900 rpms. This is because the stock intake manifold cannot supply enough air above 4900 rpms and its just the limit the stock cam can supply above that rpm.
All our horsepower numbers are rated at the crankshaft and are measured on calibrated dyno tests to SAE standards and measured specific fuel gravities of 87 octane fuel used for that test. We have several other dyno tests done on varoius independant dynos and they all seem to come in between the 525-530HP range on our 103 kits on the stock Mercury exhaust manifolds. With good after market headers such as CMI and Bassetts I would expect to see about another 25 to 30HP over these numbers.
Any good roller rocker including ours will add about 10hp at peak rpm but more important it will tend to stabilize valve train and valve spring actions and make sure the valve train can reliably run at high prms where the peak power occurs.

Regards.
Ray @ Raylar
Old 11-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks Ray!
Old 11-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raylar
Rage:

To answer your questions as best I can. Yes our cylinder heads can provide about 60HP over stock heads on a stock 496HO. this was confirmed recently by Tom and crew at Flagship Marine when they dyno'ed just this change out only. For an airboat motor. The problem though becomes that this +60hp appears at 4900 rpms and when the motor is reved up to the 5150 rpm rev limit it runs out of air and losses power above 4900 rpms. This is because the stock intake manifold cannot supply enough air above 4900 rpms and its just the limit the stock cam can supply above that rpm.
All our horsepower numbers are rated at the crankshaft and are measured on calibrated dyno tests to SAE standards and measured specific fuel gravities of 87 octane fuel used for that test. We have several other dyno tests done on varoius independant dynos and they all seem to come in between the 525-530HP range on our 103 kits on the stock Mercury exhaust manifolds. With good after market headers such as CMI and Bassetts I would expect to see about another 25 to 30HP over these numbers.
Any good roller rocker including ours will add about 10hp at peak rpm but more important it will tend to stabilize valve train and valve spring actions and make sure the valve train can reliably run at high prms where the peak power occurs.

Regards.
Ray @ Raylar
But what have you done for me latley? Signed Mr. 525 efi.