Need Rub Rail Help/info >

Need Rub Rail Help/info

Notices

Need Rub Rail Help/info

Old 11-04-2005, 01:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need Rub Rail Help/info

I live in California and the place I bought my rub rails from was back east some where and they offered to cut my 20' sections into 3 pcs to cut down on the shipping cost. Shipping went from $300 to $20. And your really can't notice where the pcs. join together. If you want there name let me know. They didn't even charge to cut pcs down.

Dean
Old 11-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by vandeano
I live in California and the place I bought my rub rails from was back east some where and they offered to cut my 20' sections into 3 pcs to cut down on the shipping cost. Shipping went from $300 to $20. And your really can't notice where the pcs. join together. If you want there name let me know. They didn't even charge to cut pcs down.

Dean
Yup that was another option as well.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Registered

Some of the ridgid vinyls can be coiled depending on the profile and shipped UPS instead of common carrier. Did you ask if they could/would coil it?
Old 11-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LIOPA
I need to replace a section of rub rail that I have only been able to find from L&L Distributors in So Cal. IT IS NOT MADE BY TACO. L&L will not tell me who makes it. It comes in 20 foot sections at 100.00 per section. I need 3. Heres the killer...the freight on a 20' tube from CA to NY is 300.00. Does anyone know a big East Coast distributor who handles various brands of rub rails. I tried GOOGLE but only TACO come up over and over.

Thanks if you can help
I got 1 strip in a pvc tube from NY to MS and it was 90.00.plus 20 for the tube . are they putting al 3 in 1 tube ?

try locall or call the magf

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobbarker
contact your boat manufacture. the box is long so thats why the shipping is high. get the entire rail & have a pro.do it. thats
what I did & i,m happy I did. As you know your boat is made
in 2 pieces top deck an hull. When the rub rail is removed you will see screws around the entire boat holding the top to the bottom. These screws should be tighten or replaced with epoxy, this will help your boat from shaking or vibrating at high speed. When replacing the rub rail when all the screws are removed fill all the old screw holes with epoxy. Drill all new holes replace the rail with epoxy on each screw. This
is what I had done & the boat rode a hellva lot better. It cost me approx. $800.00. I have a sr1 357 formula.
You can order from rubrails.com and request to have them shipped coiled and save lots of $$$$ on shipping....He is a great guy by the way....