CMI switchable exhaust ?'s

Notices

CMI switchable exhaust ?'s

Old 11-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CMI switchable exhaust ?'s

Ok
I have this on my 500 EFI and I am wondering how much noise is supposed to come through the tips when in closed mode. I still get a substantial amount of noise as well as lots of water .... is this normal ? also when closed I see no bubbles coming from the outdrive in when idleing, I thought this was supposed to route exhaust through the hub......is this normal ?

Bryan
Old 11-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: CMI switchable exhaust ?'s

What are you agonizing over now? You know you will loose the through prop option when you get that Arneson.

BTW. I did not have time to order the blower today. I had to keep my face down at work all day. It sucks playing catch up on the first day of a job!

I do agree with your question. It does seem that your switchables are leaking. a bit much.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think they are a 100% seal when closed, so some sound and water will get past. Look at the bottom of the transom assembly on both sides. There will be a hole each side that the water/exh. will exit
Old 11-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will have to check that out ....I took the boat to the lake this Morning and left it on the trailer backed in and let it idle and fast idle the saltwater out of it from the use over the weekend and noticed the no bubbles thing when I was doing this in the closed mode...kind of thought it was strange, not having the bubbles and all. All the switchable does really is take the bite out of the exhaust V/S open Headers.

Thanks

Louisville Boater good to hear about the blower deal....NOW GO BACK TO WORK, YOU HAVE A BLOWER TO PAY FOR !