insurance not paying >

insurance not paying

Notices

insurance not paying

Old 11-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insurance not paying

a few weeks ago while at lake of the ozarks my boat suffered some damage to the left sponson and took on around 300 gallons of water .I got it out of the water befor it sank but the insurance co. came to look at it and said they wern't paying due to there being a previous repair in that area .it appears to me to be a small repair behind where it came apart this time. there is a rip about 2 feet long and goes up the step around 2-3 inches . any one had any luck getting there ins. to pay in a simular situation or any suggestions i would appreciate there help
Old 11-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: insurance not paying

get a letter from a boar repair place saying that repars were up to industry standards and that the damage is impact damage. impact damage is the key.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:25 AM
rv
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the name of your insurance company? Like to know how different insurance companies handle claims.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree. Previous repair, even it it was bad, wasn't the cause if the new damage was impact damage.

They're probably throwing it against the wall to see what sticks. Borrow some of their KY for the wall and don't let any of it stick.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:30 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

any pics of the repair? if you are lucky (if you owned the boat at the time) and can produce picks of the repair and show it was done right, then you should be okay.... otherwise you probably will have to fight them, insurance companies don't make money paying claims....
Old 11-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Registered

insurer is farm bureau ,i didn't own it when repairs were done . bought it last fall , ran it all summer and then this happened when at loto oct 8th for the harbor hop will get some pics asap
Old 11-09-2005, 12:41 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

It took a lawsuit and two years for my company to pay out.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Registered

What company?

I'm sure the rest of us would like to know to stay away from them.

I have progressive, they've always paid out promptly on boat and car claims. They paid for my motor which blew due to sucking up seaweed and overheating, despite the fact that the inside of the oil pan was painted, and the heat caused the paint to flake and suck up into the oil pump.

I'd rather pay an extra $500 a year for insurance if that's what it takes to actually get paid when something goes wrong.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Registered

In Wisconsin we can threaten to call the State Insurance Commissioner and they take the side of the insured. Now the insurance company must prove their right. I have a friend that sells insurance and he told me that the last thing the insurance company wants to do is appear in front of the sate board. You can check to see if your state has anything like that
Old 11-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by awesomecat26
a few weeks ago while at lake of the ozarks my boat suffered some damage to the left sponson and took on around 300 gallons of water .I got it out of the water befor it sank but the insurance co. came to look at it and said they wern't paying due to there being a previous repair in that area .it appears to me to be a small repair behind where it came apart this time. there is a rip about 2 feet long and goes up the step around 2-3 inches . any one had any luck getting there ins. to pay in a simular situation or any suggestions i would appreciate there help
if you want to e-mail me your number I will help all I can [email protected]

Quick Reply: insurance not paying

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.