Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Pro-Charger versus Vortech,  & the winner is? >

Pro-Charger versus Vortech, & the winner is?

Notices

Pro-Charger versus Vortech, & the winner is?

Old 11-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Pro-Charger versus Vortech, & the winner is?

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
I'm not biased at all, I own neither and probably never will, beyond any performance arguements I am an old school roots blower fan. It's an astetics thing with me. You are right eithe rone is only as good as the installation, the diffrence is that a proper installation is much simpler with the Votech kits. Tey fix the fuel system the right way and don't leave it up to the customer to figure out wh the hell to do to make it run right throughout the engines RPM range not just at WOT. Prochargers can make great power and can be very reliable there is just alot more guesswork and ultimatley money spent by the customer to make it right. Accessible Technology, prochargers parent company, does not have the best tech support in the world either, you can always get someone on the phone but they don't ussualy have the first clue what they are talking about and wouldn't know what stoitametric ratio means to save their life. If you call Vortech Marine tech support they will give you Bob Endress's personal cell phone number that he will answer day or night and not hang up until you have the problem solved. He will drive or fly to youy home to fix the problem if neccesary, I have had nothing but great dealings with him and I don't know anyone who feels diffrently. Bottom line is that you are going to spend alot more money making a procharger make the same reliable power as a Vortech.
I forgot Bob Endress was with vortech. I belive hes been doing marine chargers since around 1985? B&M

Isnt Arizonia Speed and Marine pushing the Vortech over the ProCharger?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Rob
VIP Member

I'm not biased at all, I own neither and probably never will, beyond any performance arguements I am an old school roots blower fan. It's an astetics thing with me. You are right eithe rone is only as good as the installation, the diffrence is that a proper installation is much simpler with the Votech kits. Tey fix the fuel system the right way and don't leave it up to the customer to figure out wh the hell to do to make it run right throughout the engines RPM range not just at WOT. Prochargers can make great power and can be very reliable there is just alot more guesswork and ultimatley money spent by the customer to make it right. Accessible Technology, prochargers parent company, does not have the best tech support in the world either, you can always get someone on the phone but they don't ussualy have the first clue what they are talking about and wouldn't know what stoitametric ratio means to save their life. If you call Vortech Marine tech support they will give you Bob Endress's personal cell phone number that he will answer day or night and not hang up until you have the problem solved. He will drive or fly to youy home to fix the problem if neccesary, I have had nothing but great dealings with him and I don't know anyone who feels diffrently. Bottom line is that you are going to spend alot more money making a procharger make the same reliable power as a Vortech.
I forgot Bob Endress was with vortech. I believe hes been doing marine chargers since around 1985? B&M

Isn't Arizona Speed and Marine pushing the Vortech over the ProCharger?

Rob

Old 11-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never had the use ATI's tech support, all you have to do is re-program the ecu (I used Precision Marine) , set the timing and adjust fuel pressure and there you go.. turnkey reliability!
Old 11-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I forgot Bob Endress was with vortech. I believe hes been doing marine chargers since around 1985? B&M

Isn't Arizona Speed and Marine pushing the Vortech over the ProCharger?

Rob

That's what they talked me into, and I think I made a good decision. I think the Whipple is a better looking system, it makes a whole lot of low end torque but they said I would get more top end out of the Vortech as opposed to low end and mid range out of the Whipple. I have enough low end torque to eat stock Bravo's as it is. I wanted top speed over any other performance upgrade.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by INDY27
I never had the use ATI's tech support, all you have to do is re-program the ecu (I used Precision Marine) , set the timing and adjust fuel pressure and there you go.. turnkey reliability!
Mark at Precision Marine When ya got Mark doing the ECU ya dont have to touch it . Doesnt mater what it is.

I just got off the phone with Mark. He said he likes the Vortech over the Procharger also.He said it comes in like the Whipple and makes repetible pulls on the dyno. I belive thats what RTech uses also.I guess it depend on what ya want to speed ?

Old 11-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
That's what they talked me into, and I think I made a good decision. I think the Whipple is a better looking system, it makes a whole lot of low end torque but they said I would get more top end out of the Vortech as opposed to low end and mid range out of the Whipple. I have enough low end torque to eat stock Bravo's as it is. I wanted top speed over any other performance upgrade.

I bet the Vortech makes close to the same peek HP on the top end as the Whipple would .

My boost climbed up to 6100 on the dyno.Thats as high as we pulled it.The Whipple does make boost real low also.We started the pulls at 3000. I just roll into the throttle up to about 4800 thats where the TQ starts to taper off . trying to save the drives. No since in breaking drives slamming the sticks.I run it up to about 5000 then go wfo It still pulls pretty hard even at 5500.Mine had above 890 TQ from 3700 to 4500 and tapered slowly after that. The Hp never peeked.

I wish someone would do a test on these 3 superchargers say on a 500efi . back to back test. same motor no changes in parts just changing the superchargers.Also make them have the exact same boost to see which one is more efficient and which one makes more power . The one that makes the most AVERAGE power say from 3000 to 5800rpm. I know all 3 will have different power curves but I think the one with the highest average would tell ya which on is the best.At least thats how we do the drag motors , I would think you would want the one with the highest average in a boat also.

What ya think????????

Rob

Old 11-17-2005, 12:23 AM
Registered

http://www.rtechperformance.com/

If you want optimum performance out of either
one, Tom is the man to speak with.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Registered

I would think you would want the one with the highest average in a boat also.

What ya think????????

Rob

I want the BEST top end speed. For me, I could care less at low to mid range performance. 5 blades will take care of that.

All I need is 13-14 mph more and I am at one goal in life before I croak.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Downtown42
I want the BEST top end speed. For me, I could care less at low to mid range performance. 5 blades will take care of that.

All I need is 13-14 mph more and I am at one goal in life before I croak.

So far on mine I have picked up between 17-20mph and I need bigger props.

Downtown what speed you trying to get?????

Rob

Old 11-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mark at Precision Marine When ya got Mark doing the ECU ya dont have to touch it . Doesnt mater what it is.

I just got off the phone with Mark. He said he likes the Vortech over the Procharger also.He said it comes in like the Whipple and makes repetible pulls on the dyno. I belive thats what RTech uses also.I guess it depend on what ya want to speed ?
Mark is one of the best, funny thing is four years ago he was ProCharger 100%. Your boy RichardCranium572 is way off base calling ProCharger a pile of crap though

Quick Reply: Pro-Charger versus Vortech, & the winner is?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.