Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Pro-Charger versus Vortech,  & the winner is? >

Pro-Charger versus Vortech, & the winner is?

Notices

Pro-Charger versus Vortech, & the winner is?

Old 11-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Pro-Charger versus Vortech, & the winner is?

Originally Posted by INDY27
Mark is one of the best, funny thing is four years ago he was ProCharger 100%. Your boy RichardCranium572 is way off base calling ProCharger a pile of crap though

True. I guess most people dont like the fuel system on the prochargers? Look what they do in the cars with them at the street car shoot out . There some fast ones out there

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, ProCharger, Vortec and Whipple are all ok for rec. use but I have never seen one on a Sterling motor!
Old 11-18-2005, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So much drama for one simple question!

Brian has a 500 EFI and you guys are talking about Sterlings and slamming each system.

I am no expert but have seen some nice reliable gains from each system. The vortech is a good turnkey system. I personally think it looks like a better match for the EFI.

The thing I like about the procharger is the nice big intercooler (on the M-3). If you have a 502mag, some room for a big intercooler and a knowledgeable installer you will do just fine. I can't help but think that the huge intercooler has some good advantages.

I think that the premis for the question was not to start a slamming session but to solicite some feedback of a number of users of both systems.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

It has gotten a little off topic here but so far BADKACHINA and myself are the only ones to provide any real info to Brian. I forgot to mention that I had my heads upgraded by Mark @ Precision Marine two years ago with a five angle vavle job, Icolnel valves, roller rockers and ARP head bolts. Last month I installed a slightly more agressive roller cam & lifters and a smaller pulley on the M3 which has prduced 7lbs boost and 89 (best) on gps spinning a stock 34p Bravo @5300 rpm's. I got 88.2 gps with a stock Hydro Q-IV 31p on the limiter @ 5450 rpm's so I should break 90 by going to a 32p.

Last edited by INDY27; 11-18-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
So far on mine I have picked up between 17-20mph and I need bigger props.

Downtown what speed you trying to get?????

Rob
just a hundred

How much roughly to Whipple a 525 at around 700hp?

x2
Old 11-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It has gotten a little off topic here but so far BADKACHINA and myself are the only ones to provide any real info to Brian. I forgot to mention that I had my heads upgraded by Mark @ Precision Marine two years ago with a five angle vavle job, Icolnel valves, roller rockers and ARP head bolts. Last month I installed a slightly more agressive roller cam & lifters and a smaller pulley on the M3 which has prduced 7lbs boost and 89 (best) on gps spinning a stock 34p Bravo @5300 rpm's. I got 88.2 gps with a stock Hydro Q-IV 31p on the limiter @ 8450 rpm's so I should break 90 by going to a 32p.
Man that is moving pretty good. What are you running as a drive?

What kind of gain did you get from the head work?
Old 11-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Louisville Boater
Man that is moving pretty good. What are you running as a drive?

What kind of gain did you get from the head work?
Its a Bravo with a rh prop, I saw no gain in top speed from the headwork but the roller cam and pulley swap got me 4 mph. Before my best speed was 85.9 with a labbed Bravo 32 @5200 rpm, 5 lbs boost.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive been running a procharger m-3 on a 540 ci bbc fuel injected ,6lbs of boost ,ASM ecu, for over 2 years without any problems, as said before , i think it all comes down to proper installation.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, ProCharger, Vortec and Whipple are all ok for rec. use but I have never seen one on a Sterling motor!
This is the first Quad Rotor Mike at Sterling did and they claim it made over 1500hp just like there non recreational super chargers .

Indy27 your getting some good speed .Sorry for getting Off topic.I wander sometimes

Rob
Attached Thumbnails Pro-Charger versus Vortech,  & the winner is?-mtispeedracer1.jpg   Pro-Charger versus Vortech,  & the winner is?-sterling.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been watching this thread with great attention, Thank you all for the info and drama to go along with it... lol I love drama... good reading indeed . I have decided to go with a Vortech system ...found a good deal on one that is pretty much local and a good guy I have done biz with in the past. It is a sytsem that only has dyno time on it and I am comforatble with that. I will have to get some other parts for it to complete the system but I think I will come out way ahead on the deal , It even has an extra computer wiith it so I am going to have two computers, good thing or bad thing I do not know. The system is polished should look nice. I can only hope that it performs as well as everyone says it does. I am going to have him install it I believe and get it dialed in to his spec...he owns a hot rod boat shop in the SE. I have seen some of his other projects and they hual A$$. So I thank you all for the help and opinions on the subject. I never thought I would get this much responce about a system of this kind, thanks again.

I am currently running a consistant 70 MPH...GPS
27 foor twin step Donzi
Bravo I
HP 500 EFI
26" Bravo I @5000

I am going to need to beef up the drive ...what shall I do?

IN the process of getting a hydraulic steering system together...Dual rams helm back.....

any thoughts on what I will be running when completed with 700 ponies under the hatch? I am hoping on 80MPH

Bryan

Quick Reply: Pro-Charger versus Vortech, & the winner is?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.