jesel shaft rocker system ?????experiences

Old 11-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts
Default Re: jesel shaft rocker system ?????experiences

Originally Posted by checkmate454mag
Smitty,
I am running the same lifters in my NA 540. I have an Isky hydraulic roller, Isly silicon springs with AFR 315 CNC heads. I set the spring pressure to 140 lbs. as per Isky's recommendation. I understand your reasons for running 190 lbs on the seat. I just never heard of that much pressure on a hydraulic lifter. That is good news to me. It gives me confidence in the Morel lifters.

Vinny
Vinny,whats the highest rpm youv'e ever revved your motor to and how much is your open pressure at max lift? The AFR 315's are nice,I like mine except our fellow boaters need to know along with their 20% plus better flow comes reversion not normally seen at mild lift and duration numbers. I just caught a bit of real interesting info that I haven't seen until today in the Baja section under a thread on a 25 outlaw/RAYLAR upgrade. Someones talking about parts breakage using the Raylar upgrade kit,the ROCKER NUTS ARE CRACKING and loosening/backing their adjustment off!!!! I'm pretty sure I saw in his ad that part of the kit includes STAINLESS rockers,probably the fancy Comp cams ones,sounds like another pattern of ROCKER NUT FAILURE.There must have been a batch of brittle or inproperly heat treated/inferior 7/16 rocker nuts that were made and got into circulation. I don't feel so bad about the whole thing now,I been told for last 6 months that I was the only one having problems ,thanks for any info on your set-up,Smitty
Old 11-24-2005, 03:54 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smitty,
I am propped to run at 5700 rpm. I dont remember off hand what my open pressure is. When I get home, I can look it up.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

An alternative source is DRERACING.com.They manufacture shaft rockers.However, especially nice, they will fit the stands to your heads.And if they have your cam and head gasket thickness,help with the push rod diameter,length and fit.In other words;mock up your heads to fit the stands and rockers by using their block(s) and adjustable push rods.They may also suggest 7/16 diameter .120 wall push rods.Some feel the bigger push rod has less deflection,less vibration and serves to reduce roller skating.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: jesel shaft rocker system ?????experiences

I would like to thank all you guys for the awsome information,i can now sit down with my engine builder and make an inteligent decision.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Registered

mv,

are we building for the 35? who's your engine guy, my 350magmpis need another 100hp, have a great holiday season and tell the movie star mike and kitty say hi