Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Pole buildings and condensation problem!!! >

Pole buildings and condensation problem!!!

Notices

Pole buildings and condensation problem!!!

Old 11-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pole buildings and condensation problem!!!

Put in some ceiling fans and let them run at low speed all the time. Just the air movement helps too. I just fininshed a 32x72 and NIPSCO just installed the GAS today...7 weeks after ordering it. Set the furnace to 52 like Red Dog says
Old 11-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 542 Posts

Guys, I am looking for a metal building/barn in the very near future. 30 x 50 or bigger. Where do I start? The building will be going up in the Richmond VA area.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

http://metalbuilding.com/
Old 11-30-2005, 04:21 AM
Registered

Sydwayz.... check with a bunch of different pole barn builders in your area and get an education on materials used, how they set the posts and options available. You'll find that each does things differently and prices can vary greatly!!! I spoke with an excavator first to discuss site prep as you'll want property level, top soil removed, backfill if needed, etc. Then building goes up and then blue 2b stone and concrete goes in after building is up. I added options like ridge vent, windows, over hangs, extra garage doors. I tried to make mine look more like a garage than a pole barn. You can also get shingled roof and regular siding as well. They can also put up foam board under the metal on the roof and so on. Put your ideas down on paper and draw up some designs that you think will fit your needs. Drains in floor for washing boat and truck. Click here for pics I posted of the one I just put up... http://www.speedwake.com/upload/show...threadid=30998
Old 11-30-2005, 04:24 AM
Registered

Question: Water spigot freezing in winter???

I'm going to trench 3' down to run water, phone and electric from house to garage. Now, for the most part, the garage is going to be unheated. I want to run a single faucet in the garage, how do I deal with this regarding freezing of water line in the garage. Just like they have the 1' frost free spigots for a home, do they have something like that that goes down 3'? Or do I have to have a valve in the house to drain the line come winter time??
Old 11-30-2005, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's mine. 30x50 with 15" sheds on each side. Best thing I ever did. Had Drywater PoleBarns (Oklahoma) build it. Came in under 14k. Slab was 4k.
Attached Thumbnails Pole buildings and condensation problem!!!-barn-040.jpg   Pole buildings and condensation problem!!!-barn-013.jpg   Pole buildings and condensation problem!!!-barn-022.jpg  

Old 11-30-2005, 07:28 AM
Registered

Sydwayz,
Just finished mine. I started with a footer, small knee wall and a slab on top of that. Had a vapor barrier put down before the concrete was pored. Also insulated and installed metal on the entire inside. Made a 5x8 shower/bathroom. Decided to install the electrical in surface mount 3/4" coduit after the building was done. Glad I did it that way. I went through two builders. First one decided he didn't want to finish it. Go for a reputable local contractor.
Attached Images    

Last edited by dukenrock; 11-30-2005 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

couldnt access your pics from the "other" site
Old 11-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The barn would have to be completely sealed up and climate controlled like a house to stop it. It's normal.

One winter I worked for a local theme park that has a multi-level parking garage. We had a week of unusually cold temps. Then it suddenly warmed up and got humid. All five levels of the garage were sweating for days. I never saw concrete sweat like that.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Oh and East Coast......can you include your sexy wife in the garage pics?????

Quick Reply: Pole buildings and condensation problem!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.