Notices

Plastic Wrap for Nose - When Traveling

Old 12-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Plastic Wrap for Nose - When Traveling

Ok.... Where do you get the removable plastic wrap that you put on the front 1/4 (nose) of your boat when trailering whereasto not get all the road grime etc... on the nose of your boat.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Plastic Wrap for Nose - When Traveling

Originally Posted by Joe
Ok.... Where do you get the removable plastic wrap that you put on the front 1/4 (nose) of your boat when trailering whereasto not get all the road grime etc... on the nose of your boat.
Are you talking about the stuff you use in the kitchen? Reynolds or Saran? If so, I've thought about doing this many times and just need to try it. I've seen it at Sam's Club in great big commercial sized rolls. That would probably be the way to do it if it works.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Harper220
Are you talking about the stuff you use in the kitchen? Reynolds or Saran? If so, I've thought about doing this many times and just need to try it. I've seen it at Sam's Club in great big commercial sized rolls. That would probably be the way to do it if it works.
Please....please tell me you're kidding!

Seriously, I heard someone tell me that there's something out there that they used (I just can't remember who that person was).

On a funnier note.... On my wakeboard boat, I use saran wrap to cover the tower and tower speakers. It works well (and yes... all of my friends and boat mechanic give me he!! for it - but no bug guts or road grime to clean when we arrive on the ramp at beer:30 p.m. ). There's just no way I'm wrapping my TG with that. I would NEVER live it down (and besides, I think it'd be WAY to big of a surface to cover).
Old 12-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Registered

I wasn't kidding...

It sounds like you use it on your ski boat, so why not the TG?? The big 18" or 24" rolls at Sam's Club would cover it in no time. To me it would beat cleaning bug guts and road grime...
Old 12-26-2005, 11:55 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

get the rolls of packing wrap they use to shrink wrap pallets (4", 8", 16", 24") and things like that, will be much cheaper and tougher than a food product item.... also the sheets they use for new car delivery (the white stuff) could be an alternative... or use actual boat wrap like they use for winterizing the boat and just do the front....
Old 12-27-2005, 01:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use that pallet wrap to do the outboards on my boats when traveling, the stuff I have has a sticky residue so I cover the cowlings with a layer of regular kitchen variety Saran wrap then wrap with the heavier pallet wrap it stays stuck to itself real good if you stretch it as you wrap it on. I only do this when towing more than 100 miles or so, it keeps the bugs from building up on the front of the cowls. I wish there was a way to wrap the front of my boat with it but I don't think it would be worth it.
The other thing I do is to use "preservation tape" (used for attaching shrink wrap to the hull) across the front edge of my cockpit cover to keep the road grime and bugs from getting under the front of the cover, it leaves no residue and peels right off.

Last edited by timewarp; 12-27-2005 at 01:46 AM. Reason: can't spell first time around
Old 12-27-2005, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be sure if you wrap the nose of the boat that its tight and air doesn't get the edges flapping or the bugs will be the least of your concerns. The flapping edges will chafe the hell out of your paint.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

if you have a beak boat just unroll a magnum condom over the beak/penile exstension
Old 12-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude,,,,,,,,,,,, you've got a Top Gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely you can afford a custom cover for trailering!!!!!

Anything less is not good enough.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:21 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Offshoredrillin is in this business. Rob will be happy to advise you. He's intelligent and an all-around nice guy.

Quick Reply: Plastic Wrap for Nose - When Traveling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.