Fuel Pressure Gage

Notices

Fuel Pressure Gage

Old 01-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure Gage

Where and how is the best way to instal an analoge fuel pressure gage on a 2005 496HO with the Merc 'Cool Fuel' system?
Old 01-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Registered

Default Re: Fuel Pressure Gage

assuming mpi like mine, the fuel rail has a test port in the front of it that you can tap larger and put your fitting into.

you want to be measuring right there at the rail... nowhere else...

and IF you are using a mechanical gage you want to run a -3 aeroquip line rather than the teflon... but i rec a 12 " long aeroquip line to an ELECTRIC sensor and then wires forward to the gage. you don't want the sensor screwed straight into the rail as this subjects it to all the vibrations and stresses on a threaded fitting... just asking to fail and light you on fire.

at the end of a short line ( or as long as you want) it isolates the sensor from all that and it last a LOT longer .. and maybe won't crispy critter you someday.

Last edited by stevesxm; 01-12-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Re: Fuel Pressure Gage

Originally Posted by stevesxm
assuming mpi like mine, the fuel rail has a test port in the front of it that you can tab larger and put your fitting into.

you want to be measuring right there at the rail... nowhere else...

and IF you are using a mechanical gage you want to run a -3 aeroquip line rather than the teflon... but i rec a 12 " long aeroquip line to an ELECTRIC sensor and then wires forward to the gage. you don't want the sensor screwed straight into the rail as this subjects it to all the vibrations and stresses on a threaded fitting... just asking to fail and light you on fire.

at the end of a short line ( or as long as you want) it isolates the sensor from all that and it last a LOT longer .. and maybe won't crispy critter you someday.
Perfect!

Thanks