Notices

Question for Ray Raylar

Old 01-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Ray Raylar

Ray,

For someone not in a position to install your complete BCK103 kit, what would be the horsepower expectation for....

1.) Your Big Power heads with your BP103 camshaft and your R170SS1 1.7:1 SS roller rockers?
or
2.) Your Big Power heads and your R180SS1 1.8:1 SS roller rockers with the stock Merc Cam?
Old 01-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Registered

Default Re: Question for Ray Raylar

Originally Posted by Rage
Ray,

For someone not in a position to install your complete BCK103 kit, what would be the horsepower expectation for....

1.) Your Big Power heads with your BP103 camshaft and your R170SS1 1.7:1 SS roller rockers?
or
2.) Your Big Power heads and your R180SS1 1.8:1 SS roller rockers with the stock Merc Cam?
I will sell you a brand new in the box Raylar camshaft. packaed by Raylar and sent but I am not going to use it. I will of course give it to you for muich cheaper than Raylar. Let me know ifyou hare interested.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by rvrholic
I will sell you a brand new in the box Raylar camshaft. packaed by Raylar and sent but I am not going to use it. I will of course give it to you for muich cheaper than Raylar. Let me know ifyou hare interested.
rvrholic,

What cam did you decide to use instead?
Old 01-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rage,

I think I have posted this answer at leat 10-15 times. Any good engine that is naturally aspirated is an air pump and it has to breathe well on the intake side, in the head and combustion chamber and then out eh exhaust to make power. Add just certain parts in one place without making changes in all three areas at the same time will tend to net small ineffective power addtions. On the 496, you need to improve all three at the same time to see real horsepower addition. Thats why we provide the kit for the motor, to make all three improvements at the same time and net a real power increase. There is no cheap simple step by step way to add the power. The engine is not an Erector set.

Ray @ Raylar

Last edited by Raylar; 01-18-2006 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Raylar
Rage,

I think I have posted this answer at leat 10-15 times. Any good engine that is naturally aspirated is an air pump and it has to breathe well on the intake side, in the head and combustion chamber and then out eh exhaust to make power. Add just certain parts in one place without making changes in all three areas at the same time will tend to net small ineffective power addtions. On the 496, you need to improve all three at the same time to see real horsepower addition. Thats why we provide the kit for the motor, to make all three improvements at the same time and net a real power increase. There is no cheap simple step by step way to add the power. The engine is not an Erector set.

Ray @ Raylar
Thanks Ray. Not realy the answer to my question but thanks.