North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input >

North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input

Notices

North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input

Old 01-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input

I cant imagine the weight would be that much of a difference but hey,The boat that I ran the norstars on had a 510 big block with 700 lift cam.There was no power loss at all.They work real good!
Old 01-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Re: North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
I cant imagine the weight would be that much of a difference but hey,The boat that I ran the norstars on had a 510 big block with 700 lift cam.There was no power loss at all.They work real good!
How much $$$ are the North Stars going for now? I got a set when they first came out. Did they come down in price now?
The thing thats nice about the CMI's, is they came out with an all stainless inside, whereas, when your impeller goes south, it will not melt, like the guides in my old North Stars did.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:30 PM
Registered

Default Re: North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input

Originally Posted by Bawana
I have a set on my boat W/900SC, They (CMI's) work great.
I boat on a lake where they really hammer you for Db's, they know the boat, and I have had several tickets in the past; now with the CMI's they don't even look any more.
PS, I had a set of the North Stars before the CMI's, they worked, BUT they are MUCH longer & they weigh a ton. Didn't want all that weight to crack my Tails etc. Too much weight/leverage with the North Stars. If you want I'll sell the North Stars to ya (ha Ha)
Thank you very much for the feedback!!!
No thanks on the North Stars, not looking to save money, just looking for quality that works. I have a 525efi, so I like the fact that the CMI muffler will be attached to CMI exhaust..but most of all I want little to no back pressure, the last set of mufflers I had cost me 3mph on top end, but more so you could tell the engine labored to obtain top end...the mufflers were that restrictive.