Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input >

North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input

Notices

North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input

Old 01-18-2006, 10:26 AM
sea-crit

Default North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input

Have any of you had experience with the Northstar muffler system. Based on their tests it sounds like the ultimate setup for quiet no wake cruising with no HP loss at WFO.
To good to be true?

Old 01-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input

Heard a boat that had them on a pair of 600hp 540 N/A, real quiet at idle, as soon as you blip the throttle it gets plenty loud. Planning on putting them on my boat in spring.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:32 PM
sea-crit

Thanks for the input.

Old 01-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've sold several sets of them. Everyone who has bought them reports good things.

Another great alternative is the new CMI muffler. We stock these in any size you might need. Currently being installed on my own boat.

Give me a call if I can help out.

Last edited by Too Old; 10-24-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Registered

Re: North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input

They actually work too good!!Those things tamed my wild motor.Next time Im only buying 1 !!
Old 01-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
They actually work too good!!Those things tamed my wild motor.Next time Im only buying 1 !!
We'll split sets for ya Brian.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRICK
I've sold several sets of them. Everyone who has bought them reports good things.

High quality mufflers that work without choking your motor.
But do they effect top end speed?
Any feedback on that point?
Old 01-20-2006, 06:38 AM
Registered

There should be no restriction with them at wot, the way they work is that as the rpm goes up the outside canister moves out so it basically becomes open exhaust.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRICK

Another great alternative is the new CMI muffler. We stock these in any size you might need. Currently being installed on my own boat.

Give me a call if I can help out.
That's the one I'm looking at...the CMI muffler. Is it the same? It sounds like it as I believe it has a valve that opens at WOT to lower backpressure to zero, which in theory will provide no loss in performance. If someone will confirm this I'll buy a set. I was burned once by another manufacturer who claimed no loss in performance after spending $900+, this time I want to hear from an end user before I drop the cash again.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Re: North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input

Originally Posted by Chase910
That's the one I'm looking at...the CMI muffler. Is it the same? It sounds like it as I believe it has a valve that opens at WOT to lower backpressure to zero, which in theory will provide no loss in performance. If someone will confirm this I'll buy a set. I was burned once by another manufacturer who claimed no loss in performance after spending $900+, this time I want to hear from an end user before I drop the cash again.

I have a set on my boat W/900SC, They (CMI's) work great.
I boat on a lake where they really hammer you for Db's, they know the boat, and I have had several tickets in the past; now with the CMI's they don't even look any more.
PS, I had a set of the North Stars before the CMI's, they worked, BUT they are MUCH longer & they weigh a ton. Didn't want all that weight to crack my Tails etc. Too much weight/leverage with the North Stars. If you want I'll sell the North Stars to ya (ha Ha)

Quick Reply: North Star/ Livorsi Muffler Input

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.