towing, which truck???

Notices

towing, which truck???

Old 01-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default towing, which truck???

Im just curious, im thinking of getting a duramax 2500HD, but if that doesnt work out, my back up is either the toyota tundra, or Nissan titan, im towing a 25OL, although i plan to go bigger (not sure when, tomorrow if i win lotto!) im just curious if anyone here tows with either a tundra or titan, if so how do you like it? any problems?
Old 01-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 543 Posts
Default Re: towing, which truck???

No such thing as too much truck. If you are going to get a bigger boat eventually, go ahead and bite the bullet on the truck now, so you are not biting two bullets down the road. The 2500HD with the Duramax will pull anything up to about 12K lbs with no problems. There is a lot more info on the Truck/Trailers/Other Vehicles forum here on OSO. There are not too many towing with Metric trucks here.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:47 AM
Registered

i towed 24,000 # trailer w/ ford f350 crewcab dualie w/ the big diesel and manual trans.... towed it like it wasn't even there and brakes so good unbelieveable. w/out trailer is a quiet and nice to drive.

would buy another tom if needed a truck.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:50 AM
Registered

Spend your money once and go for the diesel, it will be the last truck you will need. It will also be one less thing you have to worry about when you go for a bigger boat.... In my opinion, they all have great diesels out there, it's a personal preference...
Old 01-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Registered

Stay away from the titan. Friend works at a dealership, a lot of them are coming back with bad trannies, bad alignments, and bad breaks.

Toyotas are better but still not big enough.

the japs haven't quite figured out how to build a pickup yet. It's a foreign concept to them. Maybe in another 5 years they'll have it down but not yet.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
Stay away from the titan. Friend works at a dealership, a lot of them are coming back with bad trannies, bad alignments, and bad breaks.

the japs haven't quite figured out how to build a pickup yet. It's a foreign concept to them. Maybe in another 5 years they'll have it down but not yet.
The Titan is a bada$$ truck as far as power and towing. They did have inadequate brakes the first year but they are retro fitting them with upgraded brakes. True, the diesal is the best way to go in the long run..
Old 01-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the Cummins engine is the way to go for a light duty p/u. If you can swing it, get a med-duty p/u and option it with a Cat engine & Allison automatic. Then you have a puller.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres to help you with that. My friend in florida has the 4door nissan titan and tows his 31 wellcraft scarab around and launches with it as well. truck runs stable at freeway speeds and has no problem moving the boat around at all. If you cant swing the diesel then do the titan. Along with him my dad runs them for his business as well towing trailers and such. He has had no problems with his neither.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave

I disagree, my 05 Titan has been problem free. The break issue was that the front rotors weren't big enough so Nissan is going around replacing them to those who need it. I don't care about the whole Ford Chevy Dodge wars so I bought this truck with a completly independent mind and I think that Nissan has got it "figured" out. Notice the news on the recalls from the big 3 lately??? The Titan can tow 9400 lbs and is the quickest truck to 60 with an 8000 lbs load, no one can even come close. But I agree with everyone else here, if you have it in you mindset of a much bigger boat, then get a diesel!!! But after owning this thing for a year, I can only say that if it ain't a diesel, the Titan will kick the crap out of anything else. Big Cab, smooth ride, lots of thoughtful standard accesories and gadgets. It will tow a 25OL like it's not even there and you use all 5 speeds when towing, the tow button just reconfigures shift points and such. Towing 5000lbs at 60, I get 15mpg, 65 gets me about 13 towing. Just look at the trucks yourself and you'll figure out what works best for you, good luck!
Old 01-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 05 Aramda LE 4x4 and use it to tow my 28 Daytona, it tows much better than my Denali did. Obviously the Duramax will tow more but the Nissan stuff is up there with the domestic stuff in the 1/2 ton class, if not better. Get the Armada and it has a back up camera hooking up has never been easier.

Quick Reply: towing, which truck???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.