Bravo 1 trim indicators? >

Bravo 1 trim indicators?

Notices

Bravo 1 trim indicators?

Old 01-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Re: Bravo 1 trim indicators?

These things are a pain in the A. I don't really worrry about them on my boat. If you have 2 good trim pumps, and everything is matched, and are familiar with the boats behavior, you really don't need to know the trim angle. You can see when they are too high by listening for cavitation, or looking at the water behind the boat. This is how I drive, I start out with tabs down , drives fully down. I bring tabs up, and then drives up til they slip a little, then down till they grab , then up again. I get the best performance out of the boat this way. I think those trim indicators are for doctors, lawyers or other not so mechanically inclined people(no offense to anyone) there are so many other things that are way more important. You can do the solder thing and use some liquid electrical tape over the repair. Also you can check out the gauges to see if they are powered, or if the senders are grounded properly. A full 12 volts to the gauge will move the needle to full tilt if it's good. They do go bad, and I've pulled my hair out after replacing senders, and wiring. Make sure all conections are clean, Use the dielectric paste in the sensors, and all elec. connections. Water and electricity are not a good mix. BBB