Project complete >

Project complete

Notices

Project complete

Old 02-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Project complete

Here is a corrected sheet next to an uncorrected, as far as the correction goes without having my cell at sea level along with a direct line to Mother Nature to give me the optimum conditions everytime I do a pull there will always be a correction so we are all on the same standard playing field. Correction factors will change with different ambient conditions such as; vapor preasure, Baro, Temp ect. Those I have no control over. As far as the factor of correction again it will change with the mood of mother natures' conditions. I understand what some of you are saying about seeing the "real" number to tune accordingly to ambient conditions, in a car a few horsepower will make a big difference. In a boat there are too many different conditions which will also affect the driver feeling the result of only a few HP such as: prop slip, water conditions ect. I hope now we are all on the same page. If you notice the difference in the sheets our correction in peak HP that day was around 5%, the conditions were fairly good to us. But they could have been more if the conditions were different. We do not create magic numbers here they are what they are and if the conditions are bad the sheets will show that along with what the engine would do if they are good.
Attached Thumbnails Project complete-dscn0872.jpg  
Old 02-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

All this over 30 hp ? you gea rheads .......

hey mike ... is this a freash water boat ? just wondering how all that shine will hold up ? Also what intake ? .........
Old 02-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Registered

Yes Anthony mostly runs the Hudson and Lake George, Hardin Marine manifolds.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,

The way I see it is you owe me 5% of my money back!!!

Just Kidding
Old 02-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevesxm
correct and agree in all respects. i was a friend of davids when he first developed the depac system but haven't spoken to him in 20 years or more.... THERE is a guy that was light years ahead of his time... he did some DOS software for me that i use to this day.

i started a thread about dyno numbers here some time ago and got the bejessus beat out of me for being cynical and a doubting thomas.... both of which i am...

i just find it personally annoying when people make hp claims and publish sheets with no raw data... especially when the claims seem to be...well...optomistic.

what started this whole thing a while back was a similar claim that some guy made about 720 hp normally aspirated on a single carb from 500 inches on pump gas... not even 92 octane.... i suggested that that was unlikely as the compression ratio nec to do that would mean 100 + octane all day... asked for specifics then... and got none.

i don't know.... the whole bench racing / hp thing is just the entertainment i guess...

i think if i where buying big money , hi hp marine engines, i think ide want to stick with the guys that are racing and winning and actually have a vested interest in producing the numbers they claim if , in fact the numbers were meaningful to me. for most people i suspect, they ( and me , for that matter) wouldn't notice or feel 50 hp dif in the performance of the boat if i got sold 650 and only got 600.... but i could sure impress the hell out of my buddies with the dyno sheet
Just to point out something here....720 Hp with 510 cu in on pump gas 92-94 octane is totally achieveable. We have done it for years in "A" and "B" class offshore powerboat racing. Unfortunately these great classes are gone but my guys still pleasure boat them as hard as we used to race em' but we run pump fuel.

Best Regards,
Dean Gellner
Gellner Engineering Marine Power
Old 02-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Registered

Dean,
Thank you for some more voice of reason.

Sincerely Mike
Old 02-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Registered

These numbers are 100% real. That is the whole purpose of correction numbers to equalize numbers when comparing data. stevesxm just likes to start crap.

mike11 if you have any questions with our carburetors please let me know.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Registered

well... never suggested not achieveable. simply asked for uncorrected data and correction parameters. and relative to the 720.. simply asked what the comp ratio was and what carb. and am still curious about both. am fully aware that good people doing impressive things in all respects. just surprised at lack of specifics when asked. and thought technical discussions were about that... not personalities. but apparently there are some sensitive egos out there.
ok w/ me... compensate any way that makes you feel better.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Registered

well... never suggested not achieveable. simply asked for uncorrected data and correction parameters. and relative to the 720.. simply asked what the comp ratio was and what carb. and am still curious about both. am fully aware that good people doing impressive things in all respects. just surprised at lack of specifics when asked. and thought technical discussions were about that... not personalities. but apparently there are some sensitive egos out there.

Stevesxm,

I don't think it's that people here are thin skinned it's just that you've been very negative, and antagonistic with all of your posts since coming on board OSO.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Banned

This is a great place for information. And from what I have seen alot of very good information! Speed secrets are just that. Many years of experience and practical hands on knowledge make things go fast , be reliable and set records. Not all secrets to the recipe are free Steve. Compression was legal "B" class 9.5:1. Just another point which we all already know...We don't race dyno's...We race powerboats. The end all be all is how does the boat run!

Dean

Last edited by mrhorsepower1; 02-07-2006 at 08:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Project complete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.