Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
OUTDRIVE MAN and anyone else,  King Cobra cone clutch?? >

OUTDRIVE MAN and anyone else, King Cobra cone clutch??

Notices

OUTDRIVE MAN and anyone else, King Cobra cone clutch??

Old 06-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: OUTDRIVE MAN and anyone else, King Cobra cone clutch??

GOT IT FIXED. I took it back to my omc dealer,when he pulled the drive it seemed to shift properly by hand, both forward and reverse so he was thinking shift cable. The old cable was a little grity but was still not moving as if it was froze up. Replaced it with a new cable and re adjusted it. When he put it in the water to test it had both forward and reverse, but he said it didnt feel like it was engauging right so he pulled the drive again. When tearing it down he found someone was into the drive before I got the boat and put the shifting fork in wrong, 180 deg. off. He put in a new cone and the shifting fork in the right way and now when it shifts you can feel it lock in. It works great now. I think the trouble started with the cable and adjustment, but someone not knowing what he was doing was the biggest problem. Any other opinions? Thanks for all your help in the past.