SOLAS approval for KPM PUMPS >

SOLAS approval for KPM PUMPS

Notices

SOLAS approval for KPM PUMPS

Old 02-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLAS approval for KPM PUMPS

In November KPM patented pumps achieved SOLAS Approval for its range of run dry pumps for military , rescue commercial and lifeboat requirements.

WHAT IS SOLAS.
After the Titanic disaster the international maratime organisation (IMO) set about increasing the levels of safety at sea. The result was the SOLAS specification which stands for SAFETY OF LIFE AT SEA.

WHAT IS THE TEST.

The basic test involves a pump running dry for a minimum of 5min dry without impeller damage. This is because most military and rescue applications require the engines to be running before the boat enters the water.

The KPM pumps were independantly tested by a government defense agency for true dry run with no visible damage to the impellerover a period of 100 dry cycles. The Independant testers where so impressed that the test went to 15min dry cycle tests again with no damage to the impeller or pump capability. The test was stopped after 10 hours of cycle tests.

Currently KPM pumps are the only pumps on the market to achieve the basic test requirements , with the nearest competitor coming in at about 2.5mins which failed the test.
Please note that all pump makes were tested including run dry impellers. As a result all vessels that require solas specifications need to have run dry water pumps.

The results from the military and the field trials confirm KPM,s claim that an impeller failure had not been reported in 3 years of use.

In addition KPM also introduced " the mission critical marine products process" TradeMark to simplify and enhance the design of products for the SOLAS requirements and military and rescue application. All KPM products are now designed and manufactured to this standard.

If you would like to know more please visit our web site www.teamkpmracing.com. (please type www at front) or put posts on this site which we will be happy to try and answer . The site also gives horse power usage and pump rate profiles at head pressure conditions for customer information. There are also pressure drop charts for the range of KPM strainers , which will be usefull in water system design.

I hope that KPM do not get the unjust treatment we recieved from two individuals that we did last time we posted.

To all those that visited us at Miami thankyou for you kind comment on the products.It was very welcome.

Thankyou

The KPM Team
Old 02-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: SOLAS approval for KPM PUMPS

Jules,

Is this you? If so, I met you at the Trick Marine exhibit at the Miami Show. You took the time to explain the KPM run dry system in detail and I very much appreciated it. Needles to say, Fred is getting my order for two rebuild kits as you recommended. Thanks again for all the information and a great product.

Frank
Old 02-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thedonz
Jules,

Is this you? If so, I met you at the Trick Marine exhibit at the Miami Show. You took the time to explain the KPM run dry system in detail and I very much appreciated it. Needles to say, Fred is getting my order for two rebuild kits as you recommended. Thanks again for all the information and a great product.

Frank
Yes I remember; nice meeting you. I do not remeber if we gave you a technical brochure since we ran out real quick. If you want a copy visit our website www.teamkpmracing.com The web site is under construction with lots more advice on fitting and flow rates. etc.

;
Old 02-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

jules are the new 2 piece valve covers avail yet? are the dual cooler belhousings sorted out now as well? thx ratman
Old 02-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Registered

How you doing buddy,
yes the valve covers will be over in the next few weeks. We are reliability testing the seals. I have just spoken to our attourny to file a patent application when filed we will release the design to the general market.
The bell housing coolers are fine, howver we will be releasing a new monoblock cooler in the next few weeks. We found that the old stainless ones would crack real easy. This would not meet our mission critical test process.
I will post as soon as ready
jules