Eddie Marine

Notices

Eddie Marine

Old 03-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Eddie Marine

Like I said we haven't had problems there.. I know I definitley dont operate that way with my place.. I do agree with you guys that if I got treated that way anywhere I wouldn't go there again. I am for my customers thats how I make a living (repeat business & referals).. Again it hasnt happened to me there, but As a dealer IF they treated me like that I wouldn't continue doing business there as I dont want a bad reputation.. Theres no smoke & mirrors at my place, I have to make money, But I am honest & fair. If someone spends with me they are informed of what's going on & all calls returned promptly... Jamie

Last edited by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS; 03-02-2006 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had good service also with them.

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

call fred at trick he's never dropped the ball on one of my orders! or call summit or jegs as they actually stock a LOT of msd items
Old 03-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never had a problem......they even called me back within 30min of my online order to tell the item was back ordered and if I still wanted it.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:38 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

I have been having a problem with Eddie Marine. Back in January, I upgraded my screw type hatch actuator to Eddie Marines hydraulic hinges. Great system, works very well. About 1 month ago, I was working on the engine when I noticed a small puddle of oil in the bilge. Ends up, one of the hatch pistons was leaking. Called Eddie Marine, spoke to Tom. He said they had a bad batch of seals that were put into some pistons and were shipped out. Ofcourse, I got a set of them, and they leaked. Tom said to ship them back and he would get them fixed. Once he got them, he would have them back in the mail in a few days. I tracked the shipment, when they received it, I called to confirm. He said he had them and would have them back out in a couple of days. I wait 10 days, no shipment. I call up, he said there was a delay in the anadizing procedure, it would be a 2 more days. I wait a week.. Call back , not shipped yet. He said he would make sure they were back to me by Friday, yesterday. Now, mind you, all the time I have been getting ready to splash, I have been holding my hatch up with a broomstick!! The season is coming, need to get things done. As expected, Friday came and went with no shipment. I called back, was told they were shipped. After all the lies and b.s. I dont trust them anymore. So, I ask for a tracking #. I was asked to e-mail them , they would send the # back to me. Hours went by, no e-mail. I call up again, Tom gets on the phone and tells me I am pissing him off, he is very busy. I guess he thinks I have nothing else to do but spend time on the phone talking to him.. tells me they went out with expedited shipping, he would send me the tracking #. Well, its Saturday and no #. I guess he is still to busy. By the way , Tom, what happened to " You will have them by Friday"?
I am a reasonable person. I dont expect them to drop what they are doing to take care of me. However, I had a problem with their parts, they admitted to sending out faulty pistons, told me it would be a few day turnaround. Its been almost 1 month, no pistons, no tracking #, bad service, bad attitude, tells me I am pissing him off. All he had to say in the first place is that it would take weeks to get them back to me. Then I wouldnt have a thing to say. I hate liers and broken promises.
Not that it will impact their business, but I will never deal with Eddie Marine again.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Commercial Member

Yes it is true We too use EM when needed, However if I got that treatment IT would piss me off too.. If anyone did that to me to that extent I would not go there again... I tell my customers what I really feel it will take to get them what I need. I would rather loose a sale or a job then to loose my reputation & integrity.. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 04-08-2006, 10:16 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DONZI33
Yes it is true We too use EM when needed, However if I got that treatment IT would piss me off too.. If anyone did that to me to that extent I would not go there again... I tell my customers what I really feel it will take to get them what I need. I would rather loose a sale or a job then to loose my reputation & integrity.. Jamie / Lakeside

Me as a customer could not ask for any more than that. I wish everyone told it like it is.
When the tables are turned and it is me who is working on peoples cars, boats or whatever, I tell it like it is. Reality sometimes sucks, but its better than lies.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Commercial Member

thank you jamie
Old 04-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by checkmate454mag
Its been almost 1 month, no pistons, no tracking #, bad service, bad attitude, tells me I am pissing him off.

Then Piss on him

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys,

You know its funny,I started this thread and never followed up on what happened.I called Chris at Eddie Marine and had him fax my order to me because I had forgotten on what I actually ordered it had been so long.I then called him and said that I was unhappy with there responses and canceled the order.He didn't even try to help me out.I then called Dana Marine and faxed my order to them with Eddies letter head,they asked why they received this order and I explained my situation to the women at Dana.Not only did I get a call back in twenty minutes to tell me the order was filled but they over nighted at there expense to help me out.Now that is the kind of service that I like doing business with.I now send all my friends and my orders to Dana.

Nordic95

Quick Reply: Eddie Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.