anyone with any knowledge, 310 imp viper >

anyone with any knowledge, 310 imp viper

Notices

anyone with any knowledge, 310 imp viper

Old 03-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone with any knowledge, 310 imp viper

going to go look at one tomorrow. does anyone have any good or bad to say? Ive gone through the archives nothing really on the 31. Any help would be great
Old 08-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, psychoboater (or anyone else with IMP knowledge),

I was looking up old threads for IMP 31 info and I see that you've now had yours a while. What's your opinion on the boat? So far, so good? Any issues/problems/concerns with yours?

I've heard that IMP used particle board instead of quality plywood in some of its construction, making them more susceptible to rot. I did see in a previous post where someone commented on "chop" being used in the construction. I assume this is referring to particle board?

I have a friend with a 1993 IMP Eleganza that he's owned for about 10 years. No serious issues and the ride seems very good to me. He says his engines are beefed up to 500hp and he's gotten it to around 72mph.

I'm looking currently at an very clean, stock, original-owner 1992 IMP Eleganza with approximately 250 hours that I can pick up for $28k. For a solid starter boat, I like stock and low hours. Comparisons online don't seem to come very close. Of course, I'd verify with a survey that it is indeed a solid boat.

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- John
Old 08-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default 310 imp viper

I'm currently running a 97 310 viper until my formula gets back from repairs. As far as i can tell it seems like a really solid boat. With the low power (300hp 7.4efi's) it feels a little on the heavy side. The cockpit interior is nice with the electric mcleod power bolsters but the cuddy seems a little cheesy. With 360 hrs on the boat i'm using it doesn't have any stress cracks so i assume the hull construction is of decent quality.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 454captiva
I'm currently running a 97 310 viper until my formula gets back from repairs. As far as i can tell it seems like a really solid boat. With the low power (300hp 7.4efi's) it feels a little on the heavy side. The cockpit interior is nice with the electric mcleod power bolsters but the cuddy seems a little cheesy. With 360 hrs on the boat i'm using it doesn't have any stress cracks so i assume the hull construction is of decent quality.
Interesting that you own a 311. I've been looking at a lot of those. How would you compare the ride quality in chop b/t those two boats?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default ride quality

hey keytime,
i would say the ride is very similar. the formula has a lot more room. it is just a much larger boat in every way compared to the viper. i guess that is why i can say the formula rides a little better. i don't use tabs much so i'll experience a little bow hop when crossing waves and such but the viper does ride very well. the non step hull really likes a little chop to run fast though. it's a dog in smooth water.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Attn: Pscyhoboater

Hey, can you drop me an email at your convenience?

[email protected]

Thanks!