Who has the best shorties? >

Who has the best shorties?

Notices

Who has the best shorties?

Old 04-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has the best shorties?

Who is everyone using for their shorties? What went into your decision? Have been looking at IMCO and Bravo Shop. Any suggetions for 2" shorties? Thank you.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Registered

Default Re: Who has the best shorties?

my wife looks real good in them 2 inch shorties-i dont know if everyone is using her or not but all i can tell u is that sometimes she doesnt wear any shorties at all-
Old 04-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mr mercruiser
my wife looks real good in them 2 inch shorties-i dont know if everyone is using her or not but all i can tell u is that sometimes she doesnt wear any shorties at all-
Picture of said wife is required for verification.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:44 AM
Registered

Rebel Heart,

I just put IMCO 2" shorties on my 91 29 Fever. I also have stellings extension boxes. I had to go with 5 blade p-5 Hydromotives. It gets on plane really well and mid range cruise speed is much better. Top speed about the same. I'm going to remove the diffuser rings next and have them labbed, then I should be dialed in. I would go with the IMCO's. Check the classifieds, you might be able to find a pair of used ones at a decent price. Good luck, Nixter.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Registered

Nixter - any issues with water pressure? I have heard that Imco's have had this problem? Thanks for your help.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Registered

R H,

At WOT my water pressure was between 25-30 PSI. I keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't go over 30 PSI. I usually run around 3500-4000RPM and the PSI is usually around 20-22PSI. Remember mine is a non step hull and I have extension boxes, so it may be more or less for your set up. You can always add a dump or by-pass. Hope this helps, Nixter.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Registered

I appreciate the post. Is there a reason you chose the Imco's over the competition? I know Imco does a good job of marketing their product, but wasn't sure of the differences between the Imco and the Bravo Shop? Any help?
Old 04-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Registered

Rebel,

I looked at max machine works, Teague, Bravo Shop and IMCO. All the boaters I know used the IMCO lowers. Plus they were more available in the used market. Some people love them, some have had bad luck with them and some just sold them due to the fact that the IMCO's didn't work for their application. For a new satin 2" shorty with an XR prop shaft and gears expect to pay $3500-4000.
I bought one used for $2500 and the other from Triad Performance in AZ for $3500. Talk to Don at Triad...he is in the advertising section of OSO. He'll give you a good price. Also Diamond Performance. Nixter
Old 04-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I went with the bravo shop lowers, to avoid water pressure problems & try something different, I had tried sportmaster -2 lowers prior to purchasing these. Hopefully pick up a few more MPH in the process
Attached Thumbnails Who has the best shorties?-yukon-props-00009.jpg  
Old 04-06-2006, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
I went with the bravo shop lowers, to avoid water pressure problems & try something different, I had tried sportmaster -2 lowers prior to purchasing these. Hopefully pick up a few more MPH in the process
What was the lead time on those ?

A month ago, the gal there was saying 4 weeks.

Quick Reply: Who has the best shorties?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.