Crate engine external balanced >

Crate engine external balanced

Notices

Crate engine external balanced

Old 05-15-2006, 03:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crate engine external balanced

I order at 502 Long block marine crate that is externally balanced. To the best of my knowledge, I think I have to use my flywheel. Does that need to be re-balance to neutral?
Old 05-15-2006, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Crate engine external balanced

Optimal results would be if you had the entire rotating assembly balanced together before final assembly. This includes flywheel, crank, rods, pistons, and crank dampener balanced together. I would think a flywheel would come with the motor.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The crate engines do not come precision balanced they are only as close as the factory allows for production engines to be within there specs. . The engine comes external and you can use your components if they are of the same gen number for example a gen 4 balancer will fit gen 5 and 6 but the flywheel from a gen 4 will only fit a gen 4 gen 5 and 6 are the same flywheel. Best of luck hope the info helps if you need any other help feel free to call 1-305-884-5368 Sincerely Laz
Old 05-16-2006, 06:38 AM
Registered

The crate engine comes with balancer, just no flywheel. The flywheel that is going on the crate engine is coming of a engine that was internally balanced. Meaning the flywheel was not balance for the new engine. So does that make a difference?

Also both engines are GEN 6
Old 05-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Registered

In balancing it makes a difference in 15 years I've never seen two flywheels identically the same even from the same manufacturer but the two should fall within gm specs I always recomend to balance when possible. Best of luck Laz
Old 05-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Registered

Summit has a new flywheel for $114.00 #1409-6987 / GM PERFORMANCE. It is for a 454/502 GEN IV for externally balanced engines. Neutral balance. Would anyone know off hand if this is the correct one.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Registered

The 454 502 flywheel gen 4 is not the right flywheel and internal is not the right flywheel either. What you need is a gen 6 flywheel externally balanced you can order it from Scoggins and dickies out of Texas
Old 05-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MESABALANCING
The 454 502 flywheel gen 4 is not the right flywheel and internal is not the right flywheel either. What you need is a gen 6 flywheel externally balanced you can order it from Scoggins and dickies out of Texas
hey Laz .... that the right name ? I cant find any info on

Scoggins and dickies out of Texas ? .... I am having the same problem cept my new motors are internally Balanced ....but they are MIV's .... or Vandeano and I could trade .

I have a source on "Ram" flywheels any opinon on them ? ...thanks .....m

Last edited by offthefront; 05-16-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MESABALANCING

Im confused, from what you said to the above. Wouldn't the flywheel from Summit be the correct one? It is for a GEN 6 (IV) externally balanced engine 454/502.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Registered

The gen 4 external balance weight is not the same as the gen 6 external weight yes they are both external but they will not interchange. You need a flywheel for a gen 6 externally balanced

Quick Reply: Crate engine external balanced

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.