Trick Marine ?? >

Trick Marine ??

Notices

Trick Marine ??

Old 06-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: Trick Marine ??

My XR drives have a square cast bar on the starboard side that prevents the bracket from bolting on. Port side fits fine
Old 06-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Trick Marine ??

I've called three times recently. Getting a hold of the help during business hours is easy, but Fred is a different story. It never use to be like this. I don't know what to tell you other than I understand.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

Fred went out of his way to help me with my CMI Mufflers and a Sea Strainer. I highly recomend him.
Steve
Old 06-07-2006, 03:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 382 newbie
I have e-mailed twice and called 4 times and no response..I bought the new Bravo drive locks that won't fit XR's. The chrome is already rusting in the package. Trick marine will not respond. I sent back the locks so I guess we will see what happens now........?
Simple solution. Upon receipt of the returned product, we'll issue a full refund. Did you discuss your desire to return the locks with anyone else at Trick? Anyone can authorize that and should have if they were made aware.

I also went back through all email correspondence for the past 14 days and have nothing from anyone regarding drive locks. What email address were you using?

I'm not sure why there would be rust on a new product still packaged, but we'll let the manufacturer address that.

That should resolve your problems.

As a side note, both myself and the manufacturer are anxious to have a look at the rust you are reporting on the locks. We've sold dozens of these with no reported rusting. Check the manufacturers discription........
.....Stern lock’s Outdrive Lock is a revolutionary new theft prevention device designed especially for Mercruiser Outdrives. Stern Lock easily is mounted using existing equipment supplied by the outdrive manufacturer. The mounting hardware is concealed in a case-hardened stainless steel shroud and locked in place using a locking pin that is virtually impossible to penetrate. The Outdrive Lock can be installed in less than 15 minutes and is designed to be an attractive accessory to your watercraft. The Outdrive Lock has a patented locking mechanism which ensures the safety of your watercraft.

Last edited by Too Old; 10-24-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:22 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just as I thought, more marine industry bashing without justification. There's enough problems in this industry, when people start trashing a business without giving that business a fair chance it just makes us all look worse. Luckily, most everyone on this board has had some kind of dealing with Fred either as Trick or Too Old and know he tries his best to be fair.
Sometimes it's just hard to personally return a call the same day this time of year. This board is very effective in pointing out incompetent dealers and repair centers, but sometimes maybe we should try a little harder to work out the problem before running to the keyboard and trashing someone. Just my thoughts..
Old 06-07-2006, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't post alot here but..... I have to say Fred is one of the most stand-up person in the marine industry. He does take of his customers, or one of his employees will.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 162 Likes on 81 Posts

Fred has helped me out numerous times. Can't say enough positive things about him and his company.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Registered

I think like all businesses, its growing pains. Fred is now spending all day on the phone along with 5 other employees and still not able to keep up. That is where a business suffers is when a owner has to rely on his employees ( no one runs a business like the owner of it does). I know I have called Fred in the past and he has done everything to take care of me. A few months back I called for a low water flush kit on a xr drive and was told by his employee that they did not have it because there was no demand. If that had been Fred, I think he would of said, let me work on it and I'll come up with one. I'm sure Dana products, Eddie marine and etc etc all started as a small business offering good customer support. If you want your business to grow it is price that has to be paid.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:33 AM
Registered

Yeah, well, all I can say is I ordered some powdercoated cup holders from Trick last year, and while the pieces are nicely finished and fit perfectly, Trick actually CHARGED ME for them! The nerve!! Unbelieveable!! I bet when I order my new steering wheel today, they'll charge me for that too!!
Old 06-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Registered

OK.. I am not going to "trash" your buisness but I left my cell on every message. E mail address was [email protected]

Quick Reply: Trick Marine ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.