Notices

Cracked block...NEED HELP!

Old 06-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cracked block...NEED HELP!

Originally Posted by MAGNUTS
YOU GOTTA HAVE BALLS!!!!!

Most boat owners..... pay dearly..... to have problems fixed.

Why.......? BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO DO IT THEMSELVES.....to study the probem...ask for advice...and fix it themselves. Instead...they think only an expert in the feild ...can do it right. Basicaly....they are cowards.....WHIMPS. I'm sorry to say it....but a lot of you out there are whooooosy's. You have lots of money to burn .....and pay somebody else to solve your problems.

It's PERFECTLY OK......if your time is more valuable making $$$....and can pay someone else to remedy the problem. BUT....not all of us are in your position....and even if we were....We'd still attempt to fix it ourselves. And....if it didn't work out right....then we'd let someone else step in and fix the problem.

Personally....I can't understand ...ALL....the people on this chat line saying ....you can't fix it yourself...it won't work... your wasting your time....and it's now going to cost you a lot more to pay someone to do it right. BULLLSHEEEEEET!!!!

I think you're wrong....you're lazy... don't have any confidence in acheiving what you want to do....and enjoy putting other peoples ideas down.

All you want you to do is....sit in front of that big screen tv..make sure you've got enough munchies and beer....and fall asleap....and hope that you are still rich tommorow when you wake up.
Since you already know what to do, I don't understand why you came on here asking how to do it.

I wouldn't even think about a patchwork fix. Sheeeet, you can go behind a tree and sh1t an SBC block. I bet I could find a used bare block for $50. I'd send it to a machine shop and have it tanked and checked, that would be probably $150 or so. Then I wouldn't be scared, or too lazy to take the parts from the cracked block and put them in the new block. But there is no way in hell, I'd try to weld, or glue the block together, because next thing you know, you'll be buying a block, a crank, new rods, new pistons, new cam etc.

Go ahead and try your cheap fix, just be sure to report back, because we are not above saying "I told you so".
Old 06-25-2006, 04:59 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 125 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
Since you already know what to do, I don't understand why you came on here asking how to do it.

I wouldn't even think about a patchwork fix. Sheeeet, you can go behind a tree and sh1t an SBC block. I bet I could find a used bare block for $50. I'd send it to a machine shop and have it tanked and checked, that would be probably $150 or so. Then I wouldn't be scared, or too lazy to take the parts from the cracked block and put them in the new block. But there is no way in hell, I'd try to weld, or glue the block together, because next thing you know, you'll be buying a block, a crank, new rods, new pistons, new cam etc.

Go ahead and try your cheap fix, just be sure to report back, because we are not above saying "I told you so".
And this coming from a guy that makes a project out of a perfectly GOOD boat! (all 8 of them!)
Old 06-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been following this thread since yesterday and I am starting to get a picture of this guy in my head and some how I keep coming up with trailer parks and people with no teeth anybody else got that impression or is just me. Brian
Old 06-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Registered

remember what forest gump said.... " stupid is as stupid does"

its his money and its his time. best case is that he gets lucky and lives thru it... worst case is , the repair fails on the water, motor explodes, catches fire and burns to the waterline....

for me, a good used 150 dollar blocks sounds like cheap insurance... but hell... im missing oprah while im writing this...

and why the hell is ANYBODY wasting any more time on this...
Old 06-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was not as good with motors as I am today back when I was 16 I put a brand new 350 in my 69 Camaro on a 70 degree day in March and did not put antifreeze in the motor. when I woke up in the morning it was snowing and of coarse cracked the block. I JB welded it at least 1 a week each time trying to do a better job. Tried the drilling holes at end of crack, V out the crack, push the JB weld in, heat the block first ect ect never worked. To this day have not tried it again and never will. Good luck in your venture.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Registered

I've been watching this thread too. HOLY CRAP!
Buy a block already! You can probably get one at Kmart!!
I can't believe we're wasting good bandwidth on this!
Old 06-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Liberator21
I've been watching this thread too. HOLY CRAP!
Buy a block already! You can probably get one at Kmart!!
I can't believe we're wasting good bandwidth on this!
I'm still waiting for the pics of the girlfriend.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Registered

Me too!
Old 06-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Registered

Great replies guys.....I asked for your opinions...and you gave them to me.

It makes me feel good that you've taken the time to agree with me...and to disagree. That's what the forums are all about. It's similar to a person asking his freinds on how to raise his kids....like spanking or no spanking....a chip snack before dinner...or after dinner. The fact is...it's my time...and my money. I'll make the final decision on what I'm going to do...and see what happens.

If I succeed...good for me...and if I don't...I'll learn the hard way....Just another lesson in life. And beleive me...no ones wasting their time...just voicing their honest opinion. And I really appreciate it.

As far a "JUICY LUCY'S" pictures go...I'm not sure if I can post pictures, until OSO gets my membership fee...but if I can... let me know...cause OSO hasen't answered that question yet.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Registered

Re: Cracked block...NEED HELP!

Not a big secret. I had a cracked cylinder and a good machine shop so sleeved and it worked. If your crack is else ware it can be welded BUT the welder needs to know his stuff. My self if the block was cracked it would go to the scrap yard but I had to do what my customer wanted and I explained the possible problems.

Quick Reply: Cracked block...NEED HELP!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.