Bravo one siezed???? >

Bravo one siezed????

Notices

Bravo one siezed????

Old 06-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bravo one siezed????

Sounds like you may have twisted off a shaft. Where is the level on your drive lube reservoir and is there lube in the drive?
Old 06-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Registered

Took the top cover off. the top gear is all jammed up. Just ordered a rebuilt drive from flordia. Any one want to buy this one???
Old 06-29-2006, 05:40 PM
MOP
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leave the top off throw in a little dirt makes a fair Planter!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TIP-SEA_32_baja
Took the top cover off. the top gear is all jammed up. Just ordered a rebuilt drive from flordia. Any one want to buy this one???
send me some pics I might be interested
Old 06-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Registered

give me your email if you want some pics
Old 06-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Registered

bellow
Attached Thumbnails Bravo one siezed????-l063.jpg  
Old 06-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GOODT
mmmmmmm......my tv broke I know Ill take it apart.....my a/c broke I know Ill take it apart......my computer broke I know ILL take it apart........

I am so tired of people bringing me drives in boxes and saying " I thought I could fix it" then wondering why I charge them for the missing or scored/ f*cked up parts

Take it to someone that regualy works on your type of drive/ boat.....ie dont take a XR drive to a bayliner dealer as they probobly have never seen straight cut gears before

Checkmate,

before you tell someone to open it up find out who you are talking to and are they exp enough or you open up a really big can of worms for them......granted you dont have to deal with it but they will

not trying to be mean

Joe
No offense to anyone here is meant but Joe I completely agree with you.. I can even remember how many times I had people bring stuff in that way & say here Fix it...

Luckily I have this new tool from Snap on here is the part# w.t.f.1 Magical wand ... It also works good for diagnostics over the phone like My boat makes a noise, What is it? & questions like that... For some other situations snap on has a crystal ball part# w.t.f.2 It is for problems like my boat wont start & I put a battery in & a starter but it still does nothing. This is when I use my crsyatl ball... Once in a while I have very complex situations to deal with & thankfully I can use both the magic wand & crystal ball together to properly get the job done. I imagine you have seen some of this down your way.. Nothing supprises me anymore

Again No offense was meant anyone else here. I just got a chuckle out of what Joe said. We have gotten a fair amount of stuff like that at times too... I guess its a shop owner thing... Jamie
Old 06-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Re: Bravo one siezed????

I totally agree with Joe, someone brought me "a drive" to rebuild in piece's and was actually a Bukkake of blown up part's from 3 drives that marina handed him.
A machine shop that I deal with actually oversees me taking the motors apart in his shop, as opposed to bringing the pieces in. This way withought a doubt we understand what went wrong and where, and observe the big picture instead of trying to solve a puzzle. BBB
Old 06-30-2006, 07:05 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

This may come as a surprise to some of you guys who own or work in boat yards but some of who dont CAN rebuild their own drives, engines or whatever else it takes. I know there are several here who can. I for one am one of them.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by checkmate454mag
This may come as a surprise to some of you guys who own or work in boat yards but some of who dont CAN rebuild their own drives, engines or whatever else it takes. I know there are several here who can. I for one am one of them.
thats great but you are the exception to the rule, the problem is most people think its like a toaster or can opener that all you need are a couple of basic tool to take apart find the short and put back together.......between my snap-on, merc, omc, and volvo tools I own over 60k in tools Plus My box, most people arnt going to spend big money for the right tool to do the job and usually screw it up trying.........

Im not trying to put anyone down I just saying in the long run its cheaper and easier to take to the correct shop to get it fixed

everybody crys about what we charge an hour......

when the heater or a/c in your breaks what do they get an hour ?????

how much are plumber getting a hour these days

how about electricians

as a marine tech we are trained on these systems as well as drives and motors

I own alot more tools then most of the above profession and prob have more schooling

I charge 75.00 an hour......the shop I used to work for charged 95.00 for my same work

seriously what are the above getting an hour??????

I belive there are alot of things on a boat that any one with common knolage can fix and Im always happy to help someone fix something that normally might be a little beyond them but drives if you dont have the proper tools and training you are much better off taking it to someone whos built a couple of hundred

JUST MY 5 cents

Last edited by GOODT; 06-30-2006 at 07:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Bravo one siezed????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.