Canton 8 inch oil pan question >

Canton 8 inch oil pan question

Notices

Canton 8 inch oil pan question

Old 07-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Canton 8 inch oil pan question

Probably foaming the oil. Need to check the oil level CAREFULLY, it is probably aereating from the crank at higher RPM. The reason I say this is because I've been through it with a Milodon 10 Qt. pan. It is actually an 8 Qt., advertised as ten. My new motor has a 10 Qt. Canton and I measured it during the build, it IS actually 10 Qt.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Canton 8 inch oil pan question

I bought the boat with this motor out. I had it assembled and installed it. First time out, I burned a piston (bad fuel pump). The first sign of a problem was when I looked at the oil pressure, it was down to about 5psi. I shut it off, checked the oil, then started it back up and heard the piston hitting the head. I took the motor back out and put in new pistons, bearings, and oil pump for piece of mind. The oil fluctuated on the next trip out so I figured the bypass or pump was bad. So the motor came out again for another pump and block the bypass. Here I am now at a loss. I didn't notice what crank it had in it but it is internal balanced. It also has h beam manley rods. I also put new cam and hyd lifters in it. Could lifters cause this??

I think I'll drain a couple of quarts and see what happens
Thanks!