Anyone have any experience with Derebery or ASM

Notices

Anyone have any experience with Derebery or ASM

Old 08-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have any experience with Derebery or ASM

MJB
Thanks for the heads up on the fuel system. Jim never said anything about being borderline in that respect. But then again we didn't get into great detail about the upgrade either.
I sent you a PM
Old 08-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Registered

Leon has a very solid 550 package that several friends of mine have had in the past.( P.M. Rare Breed if you want a personal account of how it worked for him.) I checked into the same package a while back for my 502's, and all the people that own one( that I talked to), loved the results and the durability of this set-up! I hope to make the same up-grade to mine soon! Hope this helps!!
Old 08-18-2006, 02:27 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

I've had quite a bit of experience with ASM, some good, some terrible. Jim knows his stuff, but customer service is horrible. If you take your boat there plan on setting up a full detail when you get it back, you can also include a bilge full of oil and a broken outdrive too (welded clutch cone from shifting at high rpm). If you're real lucky they'll run it in a salt water lake not flush it or wipe it down, leave it uncovered in a couple of storms and neglect to wipe off all the greasy fingerprints off your new vinyl. Maybe someday they'll set that appointment up to finish the job they couldn't finish after they destroyed my drive, but then again after three months I've lost hope for that. Not that I would let them touch my boat ever again.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
I've had quite a bit of experience with ASM, some good, some terrible. Jim knows his stuff, but customer service is horrible. If you take your boat there plan on setting up a full detail when you get it back, you can also include a bilge full of oil and a broken outdrive too (welded clutch cone from shifting at high rpm). If you're real lucky they'll run it in a salt water lake not flush it or wipe it down, leave it uncovered in a couple of storms and neglect to wipe off all the greasy fingerprints off your new vinyl. Maybe someday they'll set that appointment up to finish the job they couldn't finish after they destroyed my drive, but then again after three months I've lost hope for that. Not that I would let them touch my boat ever again.
Wow Bad
I've talked with a lot of individuals about ASM & the only thing bad I heard was the customer service (return calls) etc. Everyone says the same thing about Jim he knows his **it when it comes to the MPI computers. Sorry to hear about your troubles. All I'm doing is sending ASM my heads & Intake plenum. I'll do the bottom end & reassembly work myself.