Loss of oil pressure ????????? >

Loss of oil pressure ?????????

Notices

Loss of oil pressure ?????????

Old 09-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Loss of oil pressure ?????????

Old 09-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you have a windage tray in the pan? The crank turning at higher rpm can be whipping up and possibly aerating the oil and causing the pump to cavitate(?) Just a thought....
Old 09-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Another question-did your motor always do this since built or is it something that started happening afte x number of hours of run time. You mention 15 hours of run time,were you able to hold it at wot BEFORE 15 hours and it held 60 psi? Did you change the oil pump when you had it back apart to check the bearings. Re-reading everything I would think if everything was fine at one time and you verified all the clearences are still the same and nothing was damaged that your oil pump bypass is now opening or more oil is going thru your lifters or something. Was there any other changed along the way or is your oil running hotter? Did you give it more timing at one point?Smitty
Checked the bypass it feels free with no binding. The oils is coming up to temp (190 at the pan) quicker than the other motor but I did add an extra quart of oil to the motor in question. Timing is locked at 30 deg.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Do you have a windage tray in the pan? The crank turning at higher rpm can be whipping up and possibly aerating the oil and causing the pump to cavitate(?) Just a thought....
Im leaning this way as well. Yes the pan has windage tray. Possible oil pump issue but everything looks band new??
Old 09-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

sender will do that, check the engine ground wire, all else fails ck with a mech gauge
Old 09-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

3/8" I believe that is what Stefs called for in my situation..

Had a friend on OSO.. have water plug up his oil filters.. They were AC delco's I believe. Moisture in the oil plugged them up in short order.. ??

Did you try a mech gauge before you tore it down?? I had a problem this past weekend.. and the gauge was reading low and I think I got gas in the oil.. On my last pass, oil warmed up and psi dropped. At an idle it was low also, and you say it comes back when you slow down..
Is the screen in the pan orientated so the oil will be stripped off the crank, or could it be in backwards?? Or was this pan run before without troubles..
Just thinking outloud...
Not sure I am any help.. keep looking.

Dick
Old 09-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
sender will do that, check the engine ground wire, all else fails ck with a mech gauge
Verified with a mechanical guage.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
3/8" I believe that is what Stefs called for in my situation..

Had a friend on OSO.. have water plug up his oil filters.. They were AC delco's I believe. Moisture in the oil plugged them up in short order.. ??

Did you try a mech gauge before you tore it down?? I had a problem this past weekend.. and the gauge was reading low and I think I got gas in the oil.. On my last pass, oil warmed up and psi dropped. At an idle it was low also, and you say it comes back when you slow down..
Is the screen in the pan orientated so the oil will be stripped off the crank, or could it be in backwards?? Or was this pan run before without troubles..
Just thinking outloud...
Not sure I am any help.. keep looking.

Dick
The oil screen is correct and the set up made it for 15 hours before I started having issues.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok.. something changed... what kind of hoses are you using.. I have heard of the SS wire braid hoses colapsing under certain conditions. Any chance a hose is pinching or closing or the rubber inner hose is swelling?? Actually it was a braided hose that one end would act like a valve. I guess the rubber would somehow close off the flow. Again thinking outloud..

Dick
Old 09-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
Ok.. something changed... what kind of hoses are you using.. I have heard of the SS wire braid hoses colapsing under certain conditions. Any chance a hose is pinching or closing or the rubber inner hose is swelling?? Actually it was a braided hose that one end would act like a valve. I guess the rubber would somehow close off the flow. Again thinking outloud..

Dick
I was also considering this. I have braided line all have been look at, but who nose. I planing on replacing all of them.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Loss of oil pressure ?????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.