Holley carb gurus >

Holley carb gurus

Notices

Holley carb gurus

Old 10-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley carb gurus

Ok i think i posted the LOOKING FOR IMAGE post in the wrong forum. I have one more query. I recently had to rob a float bowl off of my 850 4150 marine carb. Boating is done up here in WI. I rebuilt the carbs and tuned in the 3x2's on my brother's 440 71 Cuda for his birthday. He is now 26 and starting to ask some of the right questions, and he is getting off his ass also, so i wanted to do something special for him. He had someone molest one of the carbs and i need one with out the accelerator pump holes in the bowl but with a float adjustment hole for the sight glass. There has to be some one that has extra junk 4150's laying around that i can purchase one off of. I am also in need of a pulley for a sherwood water pump Pulley. It has to have 1.75 off set in the rear. I upgraded to the KPM pump with the bravo snout and i made the sherwood mount work. I must say it worked well. I would say it is cleaner than most of the Bravo one mountings. I will post pics when i get a chance. The reason i need a new pulley is i upgraded on Sunday morning right at the end of the season. Hey i can't time when the other pump will crap out. I was going to wait and upgrade the pump when i went through the motorthis winter. I drilled the center hole out for the hub on the bravo snout. It now has a little wobble. I should have chucked it up on a lathe but hey we do what we can do to get on the water........ Right?

[email protected]
Old 10-13-2006, 04:29 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Holley carb gurus

Before anybody answers this guy's question, I have one for him.

Did you ever pay one of our founding members, KCHOTBOAT, for the 950 carb?

Post #3 on this thread.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=120088
Old 10-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Registered

yes, i had some business issues this past year along with labor issues on another project and it took a while to get him the money. I had the money when we first started talking and he said he did not wan it. Yes the carb should have been thrown away. He never mentioned all the srtripped threads. I helicoiled most of them.

nice thread...... what a jerk KCHOTBOAT. this guy ranks right up there with BOB Anderson from Anderson Eliminators.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 971 Posts

I've known KCHOTBOAT for years. He's by no means a jerk. A jerk is someone who doesn't pay for his stuff.
If you didn't like what he sent you , you could have easily sent it back and said no thanks. You hadn't paid him, so getting a refund was not an even an issue. He sent it to you based on your word and your word sucked.

I guess since you fixed it and paid for it, it really should not have been thrown away
Old 10-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hpy540,
Why don't you move on. This board has has no tolerance for anyone that does to live up to their commitments.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Registered

I was in contact with him through out the summer and yes he has been paid. i used to think this board was more like home Than any other but the screwing that you so called business men give the aveage guy is really intersting. SELF JUSTIFIED AND PERPETUATING. Just like BOB ANDERSON. I PAID HIM THE PRICE HE WANTED FOR A RUNNING 454 IN A BOAT AND I TOOK IT IN PIECES. AND HE GAVE ME EVEY PIECE OF CRAP HE HAD. HE COULD AT LEAST TOLD ME WHAT WAS JUNK. AND I HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR 14 YEARS AND NEVER SCREWED PEOPLE LIKE THIS. MAYBE I WILL JUST GET RIDICULED AND GET BANNED FROM THIS BOARD. it wiold probably be a favor. WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? i gave him what he wanted. before you guy start throwing stones get your facts straight. or maybe you are all the same......