aftermarket marine parts?? fuel injection >

aftermarket marine parts?? fuel injection

Notices

aftermarket marine parts?? fuel injection

Old 12-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket marine parts?? fuel injection

we have a 216 Baja 350 mag powered, in the process of rebuild, does anyone out there know of a good marine speed shop, internet site, or cataloge , with cars i always went to summit or jegs, i am looking to find a marine only version, also was thinking of putting fuel injection on it, it is a 94 350, any advice on brands or if the upgrade is worth it, thanks kev
Old 12-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: aftermarket marine parts?? fuel injection

I still go through Summit for almost everything engine related. You'd be suprised at how much marine stuff they have or can get. (Gaskets, flame arrestors, etc.)

For marine specific parts I've had good luck with marineengine.com. If you can't find it on their web site their customer service is excellent.

As far as FI on a boat, do a search of the forum. It's not recommended. Boats are different beasts than cars. FI isn't really as much of a benefit.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Registered

thanks, i've been boating for a few years now and am learning -- differant beast completly, summit has been good, have to weed thrue all the stuff, i'm still trying to figure out what has to be marine for inclosed use, and of cource want to make the old boat scream, , the fi- that seams to be the general opinion, i had the bad gas blues this season, so i'm looking to make next perfect, hopefilly it's all cleaned out now - i mopped out the tank and storred it dry this year, thanks, i'll check out that site,
Old 12-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Registered

I have a set of 350 Vortec heads for sale in the classifieds I took off my MX 6.2's that will bolt right up, and they will add 20-40 HP. Go with a good machine shop to tear down the motors. MIne was filled with some great stuff. The cams are Crower, and are being reground, the Crank was forged, internally balanced, and coated. You'd be surprised what $$$$ you can save using existing parts. Where are you located? The shop I am using here in Central Texas is awesome.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kevinandlaura
i had the bad gas blues this season, so i'm looking to make next perfect, hopefilly it's all cleaned out now - i mopped out the tank and storred it dry this year, thanks, i'll check out that site,
Yeah, be carefull about putting any blame on the carb for that mess. An FI system would have been a nightmare with that as well.

As far as what needs to be marine specific, a lot depends on whether your in fresh or salt water. In fresh water, almost everything can be the same other than the starter, alternator, and flame arrestor. You may build a marine engine to different specs because max rpm durability is soooo important, but that's just a matter of appropriate part selection, and you can still get an inapropriate cam from a bad marine dealer that doesn't understand the rest of your combination.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Registered

we are up in massachussets, right now the ct river is the place for us, but we're ready to get out on the ocean, we have to get it running right first, we have a few really good machine shops up here , Texas sounds good right now, wouldn't have the outdrive in the cellar! happy boating!