Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Bravo gear oil- where to buy a case/bulk? >

Bravo gear oil- where to buy a case/bulk?

Notices

Bravo gear oil- where to buy a case/bulk?

Old 12-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo gear oil- where to buy a case/bulk?

I've used Amsoil and later switched back to Merc Hi perf- mostly cause it can mix with water and still act as lube.

The local dealer had it for $11 a quart up considerablr from the previous nutos price of 8.95, I'm about to go thru 6 or so qts- figured I'd just buy a case or even a five gallon bucket- where can I get a good oil and take less of a beating??

Merc hi perf
Amsoil
Redline
Royal purple
others??

Old 12-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Re: Bravo gear oil- where to buy a case/bulk?

When a buddy had his Bravo 1 beefed up by the Bravo shop they recommended Mobil 1 75W-90. They also suggested it for my Alpha.
I had always used Merc Hi Perf Syn until I got this recomendation.

On my old PC I had a great video of all the top gear oils being mixed with water, shaken up and then timed to see how long it took for the oil to seperate from the water. The M1, Merc and Schaeffer lubes were the top three.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am still looking for the Merc 5 gal. pail also.If you find a dealer let me know.
Thanks Nordic95
Old 12-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's easier to find the 2.5 gal jugs of Merc. Hi performance gear oil. You can get the pump that screws right onto the jug.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by NJSONIC
It's easier to find the 2.5 gal jugs of Merc. Hi performance gear oil. You can get the pump that screws right onto the jug.
Where can you get them. Drive fluid changes for me are 10 gallons!!! (Wet-sump #6's)
Old 12-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can get you guys the stuff, the problem is the shipping.. The hazmat weight of the stuff costs a lot.. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 12-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DONZI33
I can get you guys the stuff, the problem is the shipping.. The hazmat weight of the stuff costs a lot.. Jamie / Lakeside
Does it get shipped to you?Maybe we can order from you and just have it dropped shipped to us?

Nordic95
Old 12-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Cattitude
I've used Amsoil and later switched back to Merc Hi perf- mostly cause it can mix with water and still act as lube.

The local dealer had it for $11 a quart up considerablr from the previous nutos price of 8.95, I'm about to go thru 6 or so qts- figured I'd just buy a case or even a five gallon bucket- where can I get a good oil and take less of a beating??

Merc hi perf
Amsoil
Redline
Royal purple
others??

I know from personal experience that Amsoil can take a bunch of water intrusion (looked like carmel milkshake) and still provide protection to the gears/bearings. I used to buy 2.5 gallon jugs of Merc HP from Stem to Stern but they went toes up.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nordic95
Does it get shipped to you?Maybe we can order from you and just have it dropped shipped to us?

Nordic95
I can ship it to you, but it must come to me first.. If you or anyone else wants to email or PM me how much exactly you would want & where it would be going to I can give you an estimate on it.. If the # $ works great if not no hard feelings, maybe I could help you with something else in the future.. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 12-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Amsoil will take up to 10% water in there oil and still lubercates.There was a member on the site here that is a enginerr at Amsol,I havent seen him on her latley

You can join/become a member for 20.00 and buy at socalled dealer price from Amsoil, It ends up being about 6 something a quart.I figured it by the case or the 5 galling bucket it was just a few cents differance per quart.If you find a dealer they can drop ship it to ya.

Ryan00TJ Dean at the Bravo shop uaslly recomends Amsoil.No telling they way he running thing now

On the Merc stuuf I would find a shop that buys it buy the 55 gal drum and see it they will give ya a discount by the gallon milk jug? because it ends up around 5.00 a quart there cost.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Bravo gear oil- where to buy a case/bulk?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.