thoughts and opinions pantera or sunsation

Notices

thoughts and opinions pantera or sunsation

Old 01-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thoughts and opinions pantera or sunsation

Looking into a 28 pantera or a 28 sunsation.. just curious on everyones thoughts as which would be better boat overall.. quality, ride, ETC.. all comes into play, the sunsation has a 496 HO, and the pantera has a custom 600HP motor, which will be by far a faster boat, but quality and ride specially in the ruff stuff is what matters most! thanks in advance!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Default Re: thoughts and opinions pantera or sunsation

There's a thread on this:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ht=rough+water

In my humble opinion the Pantera is a much better rough water boat. I think Sunsation builds a great boat, has nice amenities and is a faster boat with equal power. But if it is rough water you cannot beat the 28 Pantera.

I'm sure a bunch of clowns will chime in with their best 28 boat, but they will be wrong And don't ask the Pantera guys, they're biased.

At least your deciding between two of the best choices!

Last edited by Elite Marine; 01-06-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Yeah like he said, you'll get the basic Chvey vs Ford loyatlty types. If you can go out on either, do it and figurte out which boat is best for your "true needs". Custom built engines comes with a level of risk. Unless you live on the ocean (can't see where you're form) the rough water aspect of it is irrelevant. Longevity and daily practical use is most important second to the economics of it.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not in anyway knocking sunsation because they build a nice boat. But if ride in the rough stuff & build quality is what you are looking for the Pantera would be my choice. The sunsation may have a few more frills , as the panteras are more classic offshore. Like they said you are going to get biased answers on a question like this & I am guilty of giving you one myself & that is because I feel that their build quality & classic styling ( which I personally prefer ) is rivald by Very few boat builders , I have owned 2 of them & they are rock solid boats. Like Pantera28-650 said power for power the Sunsation will be faster , Untill if gets nasty out then the tables may turn.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
There's a thread on this:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ht=rough+water

In my humble opinion the Pantera is a much better rough water boat. I think Sunsation builds a great boat, has nice amenities and is a faster boat with equal power. But if it is rough water you cannot beat the 28 Pantera.

I'm sure a bunch of clowns will chime in with their best 28 boat, but they will be wrong And don't ask the Pantera guys, they're baised.

At least your deciding between two of the best choices!
Bingo
Old 01-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Registered

Re: thoughts and opinions pantera or sunsation

PANTERA would be the better ride and should hit 80 plus with a 600hp, In 08 I plan on buying a hull blank which will be in any order a 28joker,32sutphen,30y2k superboat been in the a couple of sutphens and superboat and man they ride nice no clang,nobang BUT OUT OF THOSE TWO YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE PANTERA #1 BLOSSSSS.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 139 Likes on 61 Posts

I don't think you'll hit 80 w/ 600hp.(in the Pantera)

I know this for sure. If you don't live at the ocean but you take the pantera there and play, well lets just say nothing else compares. Man, i can't wait till my next trip(this summer)
Old 01-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMHO fit and finish goes to Sunsation. Strength of hull is equal. Pantara is a true deep V ,Sunsation has a pad and I think a 23* hull, so It will be faster and the Pantara better inthe rough.That also depends on who is driving.

Now, the guys that say rough doesn't matter unless you are on the ocean, haven't boated on the Great Lakes!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yoy won't hit 80 with 600hp in a pantera, mine with a 575sci got 74-75 with a lab finished bravo I . I think jo got it to like 77 out of it in salt water a sea level and he'd know more anyone how to drive it.

Pantera is a hard core no frills offshore boat. The sunsation is a prettier lake style boat. Where do you boat the most and if you see 3 or more footers regular then Pantera is the way to go.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Banned
Gold Member

I told you they were going to be biased.

Almost as bad as the beak boat guys, just without the gold chains and black satin jackets!!

Last edited by Elite Marine; 01-06-2007 at 09:05 AM.

Quick Reply: thoughts and opinions pantera or sunsation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.