Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Chad Hill - SS Upper Shaft(Bravo) >

Chad Hill - SS Upper Shaft(Bravo)

Notices

Chad Hill - SS Upper Shaft(Bravo)

Old 01-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chad Hill - SS Upper Shaft(Bravo)

picb
Attached Thumbnails Chad Hill - SS Upper Shaft(Bravo)-picture0031.png  
Old 01-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Registered

Thumbs down Re: Chad Hill - SS Upper Shaft(Bravo)

I have (2) emails and (2) vmails into Chad Hill with no response, I would strongly suggest that if anyone else does a gimbal repair either buy the SS upper shaft from Ron Bender or plan on doing some machine work to get Chad Hills parts to fit.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Default Re: Chad Hill - SS Upper Shaft(Bravo)

Yea, Chad and his dad are both selling on ebay. His dad used to sell props on ebay. I had one of his props and you could see that the rake changed between the blades. I traded it away for a Spinelli (!!!). Sucker. Anyways, if you have been in boating for a while you would know that both Chad and Ron have a reputation for misleading people. I don't think they ever ripped people off, they just have a different way of marketing themselves and their product. Back when they were building props they arguing that one company was better than another. It was all over the bulletin boards and their websites. It was a great falicy because it turned out they were talking about them selves! It was the same company.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hill Marine

Thank you for the good and bad remarks. I am Chad Hill of Hill Marine. My main job is teaching 7th grade pre algebra. On the down times, I race boats, build propellers and drive parts and for the last 18 months remodeling my house. But, excuses are like you know what!!! If anyone on this page has a problem with one of our early drive parts send it to me and I will replace it at no charge. I do admit some of our early products had clearance issues.

Last: our swivel shafts now have the extra hole for the grease.

You can email me direct at [email protected]

Last edited by chill; 07-27-2007 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by chill
Thank you for the good and bad remarks. I am Chad Hill of Hill Marine. My main job is teaching 7th grade pre algebra. On the down times, I race boats, build propellers and drive parts and for the last 18 months remodeling my house. But, excuses are like you know what!!! If anyone on this page has a problem with one of our early drive parts send it to me and I will replace it at no charge. I do admit some of our early products had clearance issues.

Last: our swivel shafts now have the extra hole for the grease.

You can email me direct at [email protected]
I bought one of your stainless gimbal rings,the top u-bolt and top swivel pin,left you good feedback on may05/2006 on acct prop19 and left good feedback june 03/06 on acctn c7714 because I had not yet discovered the gimbal ring really was so far from fitting it needed to be re-machined and welded up. The main problem was where the drive slid in and out (where the wear pads would touch) it was about .150 too big and looked very unevenly ground,everthing else on it was dimensional wrong a small amount but could have been re-bored,aside from the overall top to bottom measurement being 1/8 inch off too. The other parts fit with some slight work. I sold the gimbal ring at a loss off 250$ (plus what I spent on s/h getting it from you) with full disclosure that it needed welding and re-machining to fit. I E-mailed your E-bay account numerous times with no response,I figured you obviously knew these parts were blems or pretty much not useable without major re-work due to the lack of response I got. If you have truly gotten the gimbal ring to the point it will fit correctly with no or very little re-working I would still like to buy one for my boat but I would like some kind of a discount to make up for the money I was out of for the 250$ I lost getting rid of the original one that was un-useable. I would be interested in a heavy duty helmet also-IF it will actually fit,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails Chad Hill - SS Upper Shaft(Bravo)-45_1%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 07-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am out of the SS bell housings for two more weeks. Email me direct and I will make you a great deal. As for Not Right, the swivel in the picture was from a batch that cost me a quite a bit of money in shipping. Send it back to me and I will send you our new ones with the grease hole in them.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Registered

Default Hill Prop

Chad, Please give me your contact info as I would like to speak with you about a prop you made me a few years ago. I need to step up some on sizes and was hoping you could guide me in the right direction.
Thanks

Dan Thomas
[email protected]
Old 05-26-2012, 04:36 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What are 5 years later with the parts SS Gimbel Ring ?

The are now a good upgrate ore not ??

Any body have test it in the 5 years ??
Old 05-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts

I heard at one point Max Marine was buying the stainless gimball rings and straightening them out/re-machining them BUT the price for one that is perfect was like 1500$
Old 05-26-2012, 07:48 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MikeScarab28XLT
What are 5 years later with the parts SS Gimbel Ring ?

The are now a good upgrate ore not ??

Any body have test it in the 5 years ??
I have used Imcos ring, helmet, pins, etc.. they all fit together perfectly right out of the box. No need to screw around machining anything.

Quick Reply: Chad Hill - SS Upper Shaft(Bravo)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.