Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
best thing to coat inside of oil pan with???? >

best thing to coat inside of oil pan with????

Notices

best thing to coat inside of oil pan with????

Old 04-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Red face Apology

I think an apology is needed here to Smitty and the people at Hardin/Cp Performance. I misunderstood the pan brand in question. I certainly did not intend to cast dispersions on their fine products. Hardin/Cp Performance take care of their customers and always stand behind their products. I recommend them to my customers for a lot of products. The products they manufacture and distribute are some of the finest in the industry. I should have been more careful in my reading and I really apologize for any negative ideas that came from my comments. Smitty I really appreciate and respect your projects, results and your contributions here on OSO. Keep up the good work. To the people at Hardin, Cp Performance, at the next show I will submit my old body for a generous beating!!

Best Regards,

Ray @ Raylar
Old 04-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
I think an apology is needed here to Smitty and the people at Hardin/Cp Performance.

Ray @ Raylar
Thanks Ray, You had us some what confused. We like yourselves put a great deal of pride into our products.We respect your thoughts and were pretty sure their may have been some confusion. We will take care of Smitty as we do all of our customers. Retraction appreciated.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did'nt say anything bad about Hardin's pan. I was just pointing out that Hardin's pan was the same as Gil's which many people think of as a quality pan.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
I did'nt say anything bad about Hardin's pan. I was just pointing out that Hardin's pan was the same as Gil's which many people think of as a quality pan.
Thank you PatriYacht!

While we're at it, let's clear up some other possible misunderstandings in this thread.

Gil Marine is owned and operated by Corsa Performance Products, not by Hardin Marine. Just visit their web site to confirm that at http://www.gilmarine.com/

We were asked by Corsa/Gil to take over production of the oil pans back when Corsa purchased Gil because we were the largest supplier of pans at that time and they were no longer interested in building the product.

Once we began manufacturing the oil pan we found room for improvement. The biggest area was the fit, our solution was to develop a better welding jig in conjunction with billet aluminum pan mounting rails to provide a higher degree of tension and stability (See picture below)

Also the pan is not painted, it is powder coated. Removal and/or replacement of powder coat is best done professionally. The equipment and methods required are not available to the average boater, so it is best for everyone involved that we work with Smitty to resolve both the fit and the finish issues with his pan so everyone comes out a winner in this situation.
Attached Thumbnails best thing to coat inside of oil pan with????-oil-pan-rails.jpg  
Old 04-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Gil Marine is owned and operated by Corsa Performance Products, not by Hardin Marine. Just visit their web site to confirm that at http://www.gilmarine.com/

Hardin Marine,
Sorry for the wrong info. I was under the impression that CP/Hardin owned Gil. I thought that was what Mike had previously told me, but I guess that's what I get for thinking. Eddie