High Compression and Cam Choice

Notices

High Compression and Cam Choice

Old 05-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by articfriends
If your working with bob madera why don't you just buy the cam from him and have it custom spec'd to your application? Smitty
Agreed,

Listen to who is helping you and not a bunch of speculators. I like to hear advice as well. but at the end, listen to who is putting the combo together. Bob seems real sharp from reading his posts.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob is definately the man when it comes to this stuff. He has held my hand and guided me through the process. He recomended I change pistons in order to accomidate the cam, rather than change the cam to accomidate the pistons. I plan to do as he says, but I can't afford it cash and time wise for this season. If I try to rebuild me current motor, I won't be able to go boating this year. So I will use my old motor for this season and use the heads I just bought on it for now, while I piece together a new motor. I want to use the new AFRs because I hate to have spent the money on the heads only to have them sit for a year.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to Bob and AFR. They think I can get away with it, so I followed good advice and he is working on the cam as we speak. Thanks guys!!
Old 05-12-2007, 06:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by azk4536
I am going to buy a cam from Bob, but he advised that he would have to adjust it so much to compensate for the hi c/r that the performance would be compromised. My plan is to buy the cam from him for the new motor, so there is no handicap anywhere in the motor, everything is built to compliment each other. The motor I want to build won't be ready until probably the 2008 season. I was just thinking of throwing a cheap $125 cam in my current motor for this season until I get the "real" thing built, kind of like a stop-gap measure.
??? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the compression if your going to run 92 octane fuel. I have many 11.5:1 pump gas engines in boats that make big power N/A and we have no issues! They just run.....Look at what we do with these supercharged engines with 7-9 + lbs of boost....1000-1200 HP on pump , You think those engines aren't over 11.0:1 with boost!...Someone is kidding someone here.

Last edited by mrhorsepower1; 05-12-2007 at 06:40 AM.