Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
mefi tuning finally available to everyone-CHEAP >

mefi tuning finally available to everyone-CHEAP

Notices

mefi tuning finally available to everyone-CHEAP

Old 12-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to clarify.......spoke with Bob on the phone yesterday and we were able to get data with the motor running. Taking it out today to record some runs and see what happens. I believe the shielded cable is a must, regardless.

US1 - I think you'll be OK if you go this route.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Report back your findings. I still don't understand the beta thing, what it really means as far as is it a simple plug and read program on your regular todays laptop?
Old 12-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to be fair, I have can tell you that Rinda's Diacom software and USB cable will also have connection issues when used on an engine that generates a lot of RFI/EMI due to high sencondary ignition system resistance (worn plugs, cap, rotor, wires) .

Because I use a PC based igntion scope I have been able to see that engines that have a firing voltages of 20KV or more (pre tune-up), will have trouble staying connected, but will be fine once a tune-up is performed and the firing voltages are reduced to the normal 8-10KV.

If you can connect and read data fine with the engine not running (key on), but have trouble once the engine is started, it may be a RFI/EMI isssue.

Dave
Old 12-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Report back your findings. I still don't understand the beta thing, what it really means as far as is it a simple plug and read program on your regular todays laptop?
Beta is just a term used in the technology/software world that signifies a "pre-release" version. There are "levels" of production when an application is developed. From theory, to paper, to design, to real world testing, and finally production. A beta version will be sent to industry, individuals, or teams of testers to find all the bugs and help get the product ready for distribution.

Hope that helps.

I'm still waiting on the weather to clear up a bit before I go out today. If I don't get to go this afternoon, I'll have to wait a few days or more because the weather is expected to get crappy.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Registered

Just got back from a quick run. Just in time, too. As I was putting the cover back on the boat the latest cold front blew in.

I was able to log 2 separate runs and collect data. Being new to fuel injection, I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking at. However, I was really wanting to see what my timing was at WOT. That was accomplished.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Registered

Any news to this thread?
Old 02-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default mefi tuning

badidea 29 outlaw was tuned this past summer using the mefiburn package. It is great, quality pc drivers, complimented with the scanner an tuner pro packages. Talked to the guy at this site... seems to know his chit.... took the advice and kicked ass. I want to run that 29 down. www.mefituning.com

The package has more than the average joe could ever comprehend. We just finished a 615 on the dyno. Most impressive... ready for the final tune of the water. Dude is coming to make the changes. Much better than "tune-in-a-box" guys!
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/i...lies/evilB.gif

Last edited by tunertech; 02-22-2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typo