Aeromotive 1000 stoped working >

Aeromotive 1000 stoped working

Notices

Aeromotive 1000 stoped working

Old 05-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aeromotive 1000 stoped working

I have a procharger set up and have just re-built after a melt-down. I am very sensitive to adequate fuel pressure although my melt down was due to smaller stock injectors. I just got the re-built 7.4 back in the boat and was in the process of setting initial timing and the motor quit @ 1800 RPM. I attempted a re-start and noticed the fuel pump was not setting initial pressure like it always does. I checked the power source all the way through the relay to the pump ALL OK. Hot wired direct to the pump no-go. I took the pump out and bench tested it GO. Put it back and got the timing done. I called Pro-Charger, where I bought the pump and they accused me of twisting the terminals and breaking the wire inside in the process and then they said call Aeromotive HUMM. Aeromotive said that if I had twisted the post during install then it would not repair itself as it did. I am paranoid and am not sure the pump is winding up as it did during initial priming. Pressure was good at low RPM which I recognize is no test. Anybody have similar problems with Aeromotive 1000
Old 05-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shake the wires around to see if they infact do "short" or "ground" out. If that doesn't work... verify you have the proper voltage. If it isn't 12 volts.. it could be a problem. Did you bench test with a fresh charged battery and possibly have an undercharged battery in the boat? Did you happen to check and verify you have an open circuit straight to the pump? Just wondering because Aeromotive does have voltage control modules.

Last edited by EastGateCustoms; 05-15-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

P.S. whats your regulator turned down to????
Old 05-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Automotive's pump is a "copy" of SX fuel pumps. Try SX for reliable pumps.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Registered

As a matter of fact.. I have problems with SX pumps and voltage control. Need over 13 volts directly.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Registered

Could be the same issue... HMMMMMMMMMMM. Now it has me thinking....
Old 05-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered

Sent 3 back for warranty now use it for a back up. Now only use Weldon fuel pumps never have any issues. 1st one fuel poored through the + and - terminals 2nd one check ball failure 3rd fuel pressure went crazy fluctuating from 30-60lbs. under load. They have always warrantied them its just scary having a fuel issue with the money we poor into these motors. Not worth the risk to me Weldon is the way to go for EFI.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by baronbob
Hot wired direct to the pump no-go. I took the pump out and bench tested it GO. Put it back and got the timing done. I called Pro-Charger, where I bought the pump and they accused me of twisting the terminals and breaking the wire inside in the process and then they said call Aeromotive HUMM. Aeromotive said that if I had twisted the post during install then it would not repair itself as it did. I am paranoid and am not sure the pump is winding up as it did during initial priming. Pressure was good at low RPM which I recognize is no test. Anybody have similar problems with Aeromotive 1000
The pump wouldn't just fix itself. To twist the wires off, you would have had to spin the stud around a few times. If you want to check, just take out the 2 screws and pull that end off.(gently, the wires aren't that long) you can see the wires where they are soldered to the posts. You can't mess up the seal, as its an "o" ring.

bench test it with wires attached and see if you can duplicate the problem, by moving the terminals around. If you can't, test it in the boat the same way. Its pretty much just a little electric motor that either works or doesn't.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by baronbob
I have a procharger set up and have just re-built after a melt-down. I am very sensitive to adequate fuel pressure although my melt down was due to smaller stock injectors. I just got the re-built 7.4 back in the boat and was in the process of setting initial timing and the motor quit @ 1800 RPM. I attempted a re-start and noticed the fuel pump was not setting initial pressure like it always does. I checked the power source all the way through the relay to the pump ALL OK. Hot wired direct to the pump no-go. I took the pump out and bench tested it GO. Put it back and got the timing done. I called Pro-Charger, where I bought the pump and they accused me of twisting the terminals and breaking the wire inside in the process and then they said call Aeromotive HUMM. Aeromotive said that if I had twisted the post during install then it would not repair itself as it did. I am paranoid and am not sure the pump is winding up as it did during initial priming. Pressure was good at low RPM which I recognize is no test. Anybody have similar problems with Aeromotive 1000

I have twisted the wires off inside , I wish they would make a stop so it want turn. I didnt twist it that far.

I had the old style that took dumps, even bought a spare that took a dump.Whipple started out with areo and went to SX then went back to areo, dont know why though, supply or quality?

I bet its in the wiring not the pump unless it got hot and seised

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the same setup. I also melted a motor. My aero pump acted like it was working but couldn't supply the volume on top end. I replaced it with a new one and everything is good now.