496HO Beep-Beep alarm....then >

496HO Beep-Beep alarm....then

Notices

496HO Beep-Beep alarm....then

Old 06-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Yamaha filter is for the Yamaha out board motor remote mounted water seperator fuel filter systems but the filter is a perfect match for the Merc filter mount. The Yamaha filter is however half again longer than the Merc filter so check that for interference. I had enough room to install as a direct replacement.

The filter is available from any Yamaha OB motor dealer which is where I go. Do not know if it is available elsewhere.

The Ramco filter is not a direct replacement. I am looking for a work around to get it to fit. That will require some mods or pay the price for the complete Ramco remote fuel filter system.

Originally Posted by Reckless32
Dave good question. I'm gonna be keeping my eye on them and sniffing for any future heated plastic odors in case there's something lingering.

Rage does it screw into the same housing as the standard separator? Send me the online ordering info if you have it, or where to go and get it. The standard Merc separators are crap for the fine stuff.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Reckless:
That difference in engine hours is because the ECM only records actual running time, not "key on" time. It's normal for the hour meters to be a little higher.
Ed
Old 06-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Ed yeah i know. Just wasn't expecting a 9 hour difference in key time.

Well this past weekend I took the boat out overnight to Norfolk's Harborfest. The 2 beeps per minute alarm returned, though this time only intermittently and only once above 4k rpm did the full alrm kick in (never full guardian). I ran another scan upon my return home Sunday and it came up showing IAC output again in the history, and it showed at idle on the hose IAC Output code is "inactive" when running faults no alarm during the scan except when I pumped the throttle a few times, from PCM Data? I did notice when checking the water pressure it would go from like 3.5 to showing like 43-50 psi? Some times when I pumped the throttle it would reduce back down to below 10 psi range.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Registered

Any resloution to the alarm?

I am having the same problem on a 496. Impeller was burned up. Replaced it but am still getting the 2 beeps then the long beep when trying to run. Also cutting out at 4000 rpm. I am checking the IAC, to see if mine is burned as well. I will let you guys know.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Registered

Also my engine is stock no mods at all and only has 54 hours on it. So I don't think any of your mods caused the problem. Now when the impeller burned up the temp gauge was fine but the exhaust manifiolds of course were hot. Are there manifold temp sensors? I am new to boat engines so this maybe a dumb question, so please forgive the learning curve. Is it possible that both the IAC and the exhaust sensors burned when the manifolds over heated?