More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios >

More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios

Notices

More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios

Old 04-15-2008, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyo
Your base pressure seems to high if you are using a boost referenced fmu. I fueled my last motor to death. I'm getting "in boat" tuning this time. It's the only way to go if you don't dyno it. Out of town remapping is a shot in the dark at best!
Mine was tuned in the boat. I needed to run that much base to get enough up top under boost. I'm golden.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griswald
Does your fuel pressure rise and stay constant throughout the run?

Maybe your fuel plumbing is the issue. I run my main fuel line to an SX regulator then take the return from that to the FMU. The output of the FMU returns back to a T fitting at the inlet of the fuel pump.
Base press is about 40psi into boost about 60 psi. My fuel system is set up like this.... Two fuel tanks into H20 sep fuel filter out to areomotive fuel pump -10 line to the stock fuel rail.The stock regulator is still installed at the front of the rail. The return out of the rail into a cartech FMU -8 line. Then out of the FMU to a Y to return fuel to both tanks.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Registered

the anti siphon valves are in the fitting that your fuel line hooks to at the tank it might be a elbow or maybe straight. pull the hose off and unscrew the fitting from the tank and see if there is a check valve in it . if so the hole is only a 1/4 inch and has to lift the ball off the seat as well.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

So you have ECM tuning capabilities?
You have the mechanical ability to swap injectors?

Why in the world would you be still running a FMU? This is not 1985. 14.5:1afr that motor is a ticking time bomb. Also at 11:1 at low rpm and no boost you are just putting fuel into the crank case. Wow!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:05 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Warlock28SXT
the plugs looked ok I did do this last year. I'm hoping to make some more progress this week weather looks good for a couple of days Thanks for the reply
I went up to BBlades and tried a 28" stock Bravo 1 see above
What color is OK ? how much boost are you seeing? What throttle body are you running?
Old 04-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Registered

Thats whats fundimentaly wrong with procharger. Tuning the AFR by running the engine to different rpms and then shuting off and looking at the plugs. Thats seems so rediculess.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Using the old ati regulator my plugs looked perfect but I was adding a QT. of gas to the Crankcase everytime I went out.
I think it normally takes 2-3 engines to figure out a procharger, Just ask me Jerry and Smitty!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:27 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
Thats whats fundimentaly wrong with procharger. Tuning the AFR by running the engine to different rpms and then shuting off and looking at the plugs. Thats seems so rediculess.
Sometimes you have to work with what's available. Add a wideband 02 sensor and run some data logs, add an aftermarket ECU, adjust whatever you want. Either way you'll probably want to varify AFRs and timing with plug readings.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GPM
What color is OK ? how much boost are you seeing? What throttle body are you running?
The plugs were brownish tan. I am seeing 5lbs off boost and the stock TB. I feel I should get an AFR gauge/sensor to more clearly see what is going on.

Jerry
I just pulled the fuel lines off at the tank. no anti siphon valves.

Kennyo
This is my second motor. The first one died before I had a chance to dig into this. I'd love to get this resolved 80 MPH is just not cutting it. My last boat ran 100+ w/an OB.

Thanks again to all for the input
Old 04-16-2008, 01:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

A 30 pitch prop and 1.36 drive is alot to pull,if your afr's are good at 60 psi (seems kinda low for a procharged motor) then a smaller prop is in order,Smitty

Quick Reply: More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.