Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dirthead
How did it go?
Bob
Old 06-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys, here is the update... and the fix!!!!

I removed the stat and the hose that went from the crossover to the stat housing. Ran her hard and, as usual, water temp went to 210, oil temp to 140 after about 3 minutes at 4900 RPM. This left me in the middle of the lake getting the crap kicked out of my by the waves, scratching my head and not trying to cuss infront of the kids.

What in the hell could be going on here. I checked EVERYTHING I could think of..... I even replaced the water temp sending unit. The only thing I did not replace yet was the water temp gage. Then the light bulb went on.... AND IT PROABLY IS GOING ON IN YOUR LITTLE HEADS ALSO RIGHT NOW! Water 220, oil 140 which is just the oppisite as what they should be!

After a quick look I was right. Somehow the wire on the water temp sending unit and the oil temp sending unit got reversed! After a 12 seconds ( I had my 5 year old daughter count out loud as I switched them, just as a reminder or to rub it in, how such a HUGE headache this had become) the problem was fixed.

After it was all done, I was happy that it was resolved, but kind of ticked that it was such an easy fit.... which led me to be mad at myself for being ticked that is was such an easy fix!

I guess this is a simple reminder for ALL of us to not take the basic trouble shooting steps for granted.

Ok now it is your turn to weigh in and beat me down and to tell me how stupid I was! Thanks for everything!
Old 06-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great news!! Don't kick yourself too bad as we all make simple mistakes. If you are still making yourself suffer then read my thread about putting my flywheel on backwards. Happy summer. My rig is really dialed now and we are headed for 9 days on Shasta.