Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Lost ~17mph@WOT and ~10mph@3000RPM (cruise) Please any ideas? >

Lost ~17mph@WOT and ~10mph@3000RPM (cruise) Please any ideas?

Notices

Lost ~17mph@WOT and ~10mph@3000RPM (cruise) Please any ideas?

Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Payton
Congrats!!

Now take a level, level your boat on the trailer with the tongue jack, next place it on your tabs, make them as level as you can. Then put a mark beside your indicator. Do the same for your drives. a Magic Marker, touch up paint of a small peice of trim tape works well. That will help you to know where your drives and tabs are. Your tabs should be level with the bottom or just slightly up under average conditions.
Will do for the drive... my boat doesn't have indicators for the trim tabs though. When the tabs are all the way up, they are roughly in the position you describe.

-=Mike
Old 08-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,938 Likes on 976 Posts

Glad it turned out to be nothing.

Consider yourself very lucky. Most people's first boating screw up usually cost them a lots of money
Old 08-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike- Good deal, glad it ended up being nothing. Good luck and happy boating.
Jim
Old 08-29-2007, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From your pics, it looks like you have Bennet tabs. The switch on Bennets is opposite of what all other tab mfgs use.
I have Bennets on my boat, and I`m used to the switch on Livorsi, so I simply removed the switch assembly and turned it around.
Now, pushing the switch forward, raises the tab. Funny thing --- the LEFT switch operates the LEFT tab. It was criss-crossed before ...
Old 08-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donman
From your pics, it looks like you have Bennet tabs. The switch on Bennets is opposite of what all other tab mfgs use.
I have Bennets on my boat, and I`m used to the switch on Livorsi, so I simply removed the switch assembly and turned it around.
Now, pushing the switch forward, raises the tab. Funny thing --- the LEFT switch operates the LEFT tab. It was criss-crossed before ...
Yeah... that's how mine is. If I push "Bow Down" on the right rocker switch, the left trim tab goes down... basically the right switch controls the left tab and the left switch controls the right tab. So maybe I was not so dumb, just confused a little? (grasping at straws here ) Now I'm wondering if there's a way to put indicators on the dash for the tabs I currently have... probably have to buy new tabs to do that.

-=Mike G.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Registered

I dont know if you figured this out yet but as a separate subject from what you originally posted the warning buzzer is most likely low drive oil. I have a 91 aggressor and the only indicator I know of is low drive oil. It's pretty loud and anoying so since you have not mentioned it again I assume you took care of it but this is just FYI... Also, if your tabs were all the way down and your hatch was all the way up the reservoir for you bennett tabs will most likely be low. My reservoir was leaking so I pulled it off and apart and scraped all the old gasket off and put some gasket maker on there and resealed it and have had no problems since.

Good luck and maybe i'll see you out there this weekend...