Engine Air Intakes >

Engine Air Intakes

Notices

Engine Air Intakes

Old 08-31-2007, 03:27 AM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Tomcats theory about seperating the intake air from the ambiente engine compartment air. He´s right that the intake temp that will improve performance is lower than the required temp for the rest of the motor (160 - 200°F).
Arcticfriends experience also highlights a problem that at the intake venturi any type of channel can work like a restrictor, even when it looks like it should do the right job. I´ve seen ideas like running ducting from outside the cockpit, in a high pressure area back to the intake. The problem is that the length of the ducting will already act like a restrictor.

@Smitty Difficult to find a good place to pull in air on the 272, and the engine compartment is tight, too. You don´t want to put a scoop on it, I suppose, because itwould ruin the sleeper character of a 90+ mph 27 footer
But what about fitting spacer blocks between the hinges and the sunpad (which would raise the rear of the pad - it sits really deep on a 272 anyway, maybe it can go up 2") and then adding a filler panel (maybe 3" high) between the front of the sunpad and the lower seatback area. This pad could have slots running across it
(2" x 12" x 3). You could use standard vent grills like the rear ones on the 25.
You would only be raising the sunpad up to be a little over flush, and would increase the space in your engine compartment!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:41 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Smitty,
On my Baja I have spacers to keep my sundeck cracked about a 1" to allow more air in ...

Randy