Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Fastest Single Engine V Bottom? >

Fastest Single Engine V Bottom?

Notices

Fastest Single Engine V Bottom?

Old 10-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mmmm. Nice thread Pantera as there are purists, such as myself, who enjoy the sport of scrounging, cleaning, reboring/building/tuning these older deep V's to make them sing, and it is disheartening to hear the voice of reason invade that joy. It sounds like a wife who isn't getting enough attention, or perhaps just someone who's lost that lovin' feelin'.

I don't know what the current record is, but now I'll find out!

Cheers!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Anyone else with records for a single engine V.

Anyone except the true DH that hides behind a computer and is so jealous of Gary Taylor.

Again,

Kirk Jurinek
(708)989-6017
Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am pretty sure that George Desmond (Geo)broke 120 with his Donzi X-18 with a procharged small block and an Arneson. I have an X-18 that will soon be hitting 75 or so with merc factory power. It feels like a go cart. I could not imagine taking it to 120. I am thinking that I may add boost one day and hit the upper 80's. For now it is plenty. Geo must really have a pair. I have talked to him a few times and will tell you that he seems like a straight shooting and level headed guy. The Donzi guys say he is a hell of a boat driver.

There seem to be a few others in the 120 range and that is where they seem to hit the wall.

Practically speaking, I would be thrilled to run in the high 80's and low 90's in a good handling single engint 26-28 foot boat that can handle some water. A Donzi 26 ZX with around 800 hp sounds like a good answer for that.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Banned
Gold Member

George has to be a hell of driver!! That has to be a very very scary ride.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had (2) 28's that went over 100 mph , one was 106. Never 120 though. Big nads.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Louisville Boater
I am pretty sure that George Desmond (Geo)broke 120 with his Donzi X-18 with a procharged small block and an Arneson. I have an X-18 that will soon be hitting 75 or so with merc factory power. It feels like a go cart. I could not imagine taking it to 120. I am thinking that I may add boost one day and hit the upper 80's. For now it is plenty. Geo must really have a pair. I have talked to him a few times and will tell you that he seems like a straight shooting and level headed guy. The Donzi guys say he is a hell of a boat driver.
Unfortunately for those of us that will participate in the CT River Run this coming weekend, we will not be seeing George do any of his 115+mph fly bys. I understand that he has sold the boat.
I have run with George a few times and he is one hell of a driver with a huge set for sure. The first time I ran with George he flew by me and then past a 30' Super that was running in the high 80s like we were standing still. No big deal right? well, we were in 3-4ft waves, and believe me I am not exadrating.
Not me, no way...
Old 10-17-2007, 11:15 PM
GT
Registered

Hey Carl(RichardCranium572),

I do not believe in bashing or slandering on the internet, so I am not going to begin now. But I will say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The last time I saw you CARL you were smiling and shaking my hand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,So I had to log in to OSO and see this post to believe what you were saying about me. Unbelievable, but I am not totally surprised.

You are a very talented guy CARL, I hope you do not let your skills go to waste. I am being serious.

If you would like to call me personally and discuss anything or to maybe get "full truths" about my business practices to base your knowledge/opinions on,,,,,,,,,please feel free to contact me anytime.............Gary Taylor (805)480-2693

All others:

This 2005 Howard 28 Bullet is a great boat all around. I have been personally working on the set up for quite some time and finally it has really done great. The boat rides VERY flat in the water and IMO is pretty easy to drive fast,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NO ONE that has ridden in it can believe how stable it is/was at 110 mph+.

The last few times out there have been professional camara/video crews as well as safety personel and full safety gear in place for both myself and my partner on the boat(just FYI). This has been a personal goal to get the boat over 120 mph,,,,,,,,,,,,SAFELY and under control, and at this point, I feel that the goal has been achieved and I couldnt be happier. I will make any and all video of the boat running available to anyone that is interested. You guys take care............................
Gary Taylor/Taylor Performance Inc.

Last edited by GT; 10-17-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My 32 Activator has run as fast as 115 on a conservative tune-up.It will run 120 plus if i set it up for that.The 30 Activator with 1050HP has run 117 without even dialing in the set-up.
Attached Thumbnails Fastest Single Engine V Bottom?-sharkey2.jpg   Fastest Single Engine V Bottom?-ang4.jpg  
Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GT

I will make any and all video of the boat running available to anyone that is interested. You guys take care............................
Gary Taylor/Taylor Performance Inc.

That would be cool to see. Any way you could post it in the video section?

BTW, that's plain hauling the mail for a single v.

Darrell.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Unfortunately for those of us that will participate in the CT River Run this coming weekend, we will not be seeing George do any of his 115+mph fly bys. I understand that he has sold the boat.
I have run with George a few times and he is one hell of a driver with a huge set for sure. The first time I ran with George he flew by me and then past a 30' Super that was running in the high 80s like we were standing still. No big deal right? well, we were in 3-4ft waves, and believe me I am not exadrating.
Not me, no way...
Yes, it has been detuned and sold. I sometimes wish I bought it. I would probably have wanted the detuned version BTW, I remember seeing some cool pics of the boat on the Arneson site.

Quick Reply: Fastest Single Engine V Bottom?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.