GT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics for now LOL

Old 10-18-2007, 10:20 AM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

The KILO record for single engine vee bottoms is 131mph and some change by Glenn Renyolds. Shorter bursts into the 130's are common...... all in a 20' outboard.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:17 AM
GT
Registered

That is huge speed in an outboard. I heard there was a class for 26-31' vees called Single, Modified, Supercharged, vee, but I have not been able to confirm. The fact is...............This is our family boat, and we use it for everything(fishing included), and it is no where near the caliber of a race boat. It's fast,,,,,,and just like a bunch of others,,,,,,,,,it could go faster,,,,,,,,,,,,but I think it's definately fast enough for now. I am most impressed with the handling at WOT,probably more than the WOT speed itself,,,,,,,,,,,it just lays there. It's just a good boat for all that we do.
I spoke to Angelo once over at Activator about his boats and they are VERY nice/fast. I like them a lot. You East Coast guys make some nice Boats and Motors...............................
Old 10-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Fish???? Are you crazy??

Thats an excellent job with the boat Gary. Unfortunately, I know first hand what it takes to try to sort these things out.

As far as Carl Summers - from now on Carl, just use your name and try to be a little more positive in your approach. I've done some research on you and you appear to be a pretty intelligent guy, well versed in EFI when your not busy bashing good people, some that you have never met.

I come on here to enjoy the threads, learn what I can and enjoy the people with common interests. Your negative finger pointing spin on everything is pathetic especially when you hide behind a screen name.

Back the thread . . . .
Old 10-18-2007, 08:32 PM

I have always liked the looks of those howard bullets, yours is one of my favorites. That is smoking in a single v.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I've had (2) 28's that went over 100 mph , one was 106. Never 120 though. Big nads.
You make one nice hull. I have done some homework on it and heard good things. I would think that a big power package would push that at a nice pace. 120 is a big number. Running fast is one thing but a boat that will run fast and run in rough water is another

I would rather have a boat that runs 100 or so and can handle rough water than be able to do 130 but not make it out of the pass!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
Fish???? Are you crazy??

Thats an excellent job with the boat Gary. Unfortunately, I know first hand what it takes to try to sort these things out.

As far as Carl Summers - from now on Carl, just use your name and try to be a little more positive in your approach. I've done some research on you and you appear to be a pretty intelligent guy, well versed in EFI when your not busy bashing good people, some that you have never met.

I come on here to enjoy the threads, learn what I can and enjoy the people with common interests. Your negative finger pointing spin on everything is pathetic especially when you hide behind a screen name.

Back the thread . . . .
Oh the drama. Plenty of people on this forum know who I am. I chose the name because I tell it like it is and I am not here to sell anything. I even thought about calling both of you guys yesterday... lipstick on a pig, futile.

I also thought about posting the reasons why I feel the way I do, but again, lipstick on a pig.

Credit where credit is due, Gary, that's one fast boat.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:51 AM
GT
Registered

Carl,

I am pretty sure I understand where you are coming from(believe it or not). I am also sure you and I could discuss all kinds of things about each other over the forums for all to see(rather than just keeping it private). Like I said before, You have an amazing talent for what you do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I wish I could harness it for myself I have been spending a lot of time over the last couple years getting "sunburned" on the water with a laptop in my hands,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and everytime I learn something new. Things are always changing with this efi stuff, and it is an extremely difficult skill to master(much harder than fighting fires or saving a cat in a tree.
I am sure our paths will cross at some point,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,All is good here.
Lastly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The boat is definately fast, but the speed means nothing if we are not catching big fish off the back. almost forgot the popcorn.

One more thing: Out here on the west coast,(unless you are into the ocean,,,,,,) most of us like to go to the local big AZ lakes and run around. The water does get bad sometimes (3-4' whitecaps blownout),,,,,,,,,,,,but you wont see many(if any performance boats) out there trying to go fast. My point is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,This boat handles rough water pretty well, and will run safely over 100 mph in 2' whitecaps(we ran it 120 mph in 15 mph winds, and 2' whitecaps last weekend) for LONG distances, until you break something or run out of gas,,,,,,,,,,its VERY stable. But when you East coast guys say rough water,,,,,,thats a whole different ball game. Thats real rough water. In that kind of water,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,My kidney's are much happier in a 24+ degree deadrise bottom. Especially on re-entry from a Looooooooong flight! We are considering bringing the boat to the Lake of the Ozarks in 2008,,,,,,,,,,,if I still have it.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Banned
Gold Member

Now that we have this sorted out.

Carl, I'm Kirk, pleased to meet you. I do respect your opinion and anyone else that has knowledge and is looking to contribute to others in a positive way. I do not profess to be anything except a guy that loves the hobby.

So that being said, whats my setup issue???