Fastest Single Engine V Bottom?

Notices

Fastest Single Engine V Bottom?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest Single Engine V Bottom?

What is the fastest single engine V bottom boat on record?

I am pretty sure Gary Taylor of TPI has to have it or be very close. He just did 122 MPH in his 28 Howard Bullet!!!!

Is there a website or archive for these records anywhere?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,902 Likes on 955 Posts

We had a guy hear in Omaha that a 21 footer with a blackhawk and 800hp. He ran 126mph or maybe a little more. Unfortunately, he was running on the river, hit a wake wrong and ejected his passenger. The passenger hit the rocks on the side of the river and died.
He was prosecuted for Involuntary Manslaughter and the prosecuters used his GPS as evidence to convict him. It was a sad deal all around.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griff
We had a guy hear in Omaha that a 21 footer with a blackhawk and 800hp. He ran 126mph or maybe a little more. Unfortunately, he was running on the river, hit a wake wrong and ejected his passenger. The passenger hit the rocks on the side of the river and died.
He was prosecuted for Involuntary Manslaughter and the prosecuters used his GPS as evidence to convict him. It was a sad deal all around.
Sorry to hear that, Griff. I got involved with pantera in another of his threads. I bowed out before it turned ugly. My point then, and now, is it's irresponsible for people to overpower their boats. People will continue to do that, but when you have a supposed expert selling this to others, it's not only irresponsible but also dangerous. The only reason Gary Taylor even has a combination is because of Gary Teague. His ability to adjust the mefi computer comes from there as well. Now he's a pro???? I don't think so, he's going to hurt someone someday if it isn't him first. Sad state of affairs. Gary Taylor is not doing this hobby any favors.

Pantera, you might find that perfect balance in your boat where you get the thing unstuck, then you'll have your death wish ride. You may not like me for saying it, but people like you and Mr Taylor are what cause the insurance rates to be incredibly high. I'm sure you have justified your thought process. Of course, my opinion is worth as much as yours, nothing. I just ask you all to think about it before you make your boat unsafe.

Last edited by RichardCranium572; 10-15-2007 at 04:27 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Banned
Gold Member

As usual I disagree. There are plenty of reasons that insurance rates on performance boats are through the roof and I am not the cause of it. Typically it's the guy with more $$ than brains that gets into a new boat and ends up rolling it or hurting people. How many times have we seen that in the past few years?

I do not have a 100 MPH hull in a pleasure version and I know that. I enjoy working on my boat, rigging and having everything work properly together, which it is not yet. If you have some insight, let me know.

You constantly attack Gary Taylor as if he has done something personal to you. Perhaps he is just taking business from you by being a decent guy in an industry full of crooks and frauds that hide behind screen names.

My name is Kirk Jurinek, my cell number is (708)989-6017.

Last edited by Elite Marine; 10-15-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Banned
Gold Member

So again, what is the record for a single engine V Hull?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There was a thread in a couple of years back on the same subject. If I remember correctly, there were a few boats that were mentioned cracking 120mph. I personally witnessed Crazy George run 115mph in his 18' Donzi and he had gone faster. For me, anything over 100 on the water is nutttzzzz...
Old 10-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,902 Likes on 955 Posts

It is NOT the overpowered boat that causes the issues. Its the driver, his ability and overestimating his and the boats safe capability.

I have met Pantera28-650hp and he is a responsible boater. He will take any safety precautions needed.

Why the bashing on Gary Taylor????????????? Sounds like somebody with an ax to grind.

Why not bash Teague then, Sterling, KE, Pfaff??????????

Last edited by Griff; 10-18-2007 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Griff;2306173

Why the bashing on Gary Taylor????????????? Sounds like somebody with an ax to grind.

Why not bash Teague then, Sterling, KE, Pfaff??????????[/QUOTE]

Well said. Why don't we all just sell our high hp motors and go back to stock truck engines. Or is 60 mph too fast. Do we lower the speed limit of boats to the lowest common denominator?

Back to topic, there are a few twin turbo Schiada's that run in the 120's. Used for ski racing. Very fast boats.

Darrell.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Didn't think you'd man up . . . be careful when boating, your panties might show.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A friend has seen 123 in his 28 Warlock. JC perf blower motor

Quick Reply: Fastest Single Engine V Bottom?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.