Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
454 magnum problems help please >

454 magnum problems help please

Notices

454 magnum problems help please

Old 01-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I wanted to hear how it ran too! Griff, gotta tell ya----you did a nice job of helping that guy. I am not sure what you do for a living, but over the years I have seen you help many with sound advice here on OSO. You're a wealth of knowledge for only being a weekend warrior ----that is, unless you do somthing simular like this along simular lines in your everyday work.

By the way, how is that 32' AT of yours running?---It's a gorgeous looking boat with all the goodies on it! I came very close to buying that thing years ago, but Steve beat me to it by only a few hours!

Last edited by KAAMA; 01-10-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 971 Posts

Kaama, thanks for the compliment. I've seen plenty of your posts with great advice for others as well.

I'm definately just a weekend warrior. I started working cars when I was 16 when I was 19, I could replace a clutch in my 69 Camaro in under 3 hrs. I picked up on mechanical stuff pretty easily. I also screwed up some stuff doing it wrong. Much of what I have learned about boat stuff has been through posts on OSO, from a few friends, and some trial and error. There's a lot of stuff I haven't done on boats and with engines(yet ). I really don't mess with outdrive internals and have never done any assembly on the bottom ends of engines. I'll leave that stuff to the pro's for now. I have friend that owns a local Eliminator/Rinker dealership, and he takes good care of me.

The AT has been a great boat. I wish Steve had put 500's in it when he bought it though. Other than regular maint, I don't think Steve really did much to it. It was very well taken of, but needed some updates. It still had the original cassette player in it when I bought it and the trailer was hurting. I replaced the stereo from scratch. I added a custom swim platform, purple Isotta wheel, replaced some guages, cup holders and its getting some new Latham throttles. There might be a power upgrade after next season. I would like to get into mid 80's.