Notices

stuck hatch

Old 12-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow stuck hatch

My engine compartment hatch is stuck in the down position,and there is no access to the compartment. How can I get it up. it is a gear or srcew type of actuator.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Registered

Is it because of a dead battery? If so you should be able to use a jumper battery under the dash. I do that with my Pachanga. If not...most have a panel that can be removed....under the seat,etc. Good Luck...hope ya don't have a major pain in the A**!
Old 12-22-2007, 08:06 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

I had that problem with my 259 Convincor a few years ago. Not a fun thing to deal with. There is NO ACCESS hole in mine. I thought about breaking open one of the side engine vents, but I was able to lift the hatch up just enough to get my hands and a mirror in there. Unfortunately, lifting the hatch against the electric hatch motor puts pressure on the release pins, making it impossible to pull the pin with my hand. I had to weld a punch on a threaded rod, hold it up against the pin, and hit it with a hammer ( not easy to do ) about 100000000 times until the pin came out. It turned out, the ground wire broke off the hatch motor. I threw that p.o.s. hatch motor out and put in a set of Eddie Marine electric hydraulics in. They come with a release valve you can mount anywhere.

http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...l&p=11873&c=27
Old 12-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Registered

I removed the switch and hooked up a battery charger to the wires. I then lifted the hatch with the chargers dc. Carefull!
Old 12-23-2007, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

if the hatch hinges are easy to get at, pull the pins or just remove the hatch screws. dont know if this will work for on your set up but it worked for me.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

if your boat has a DC accessory outlet you can plug into that with a battery charger and charge the battery up ...If its not your battery I have heard that you can keep pulling up on the hatch ...bumps .. to get the screw to rotate enough to reach in and pull the pln ...I have a tube about 8 inches long pinned to the hatch and the ram from the lift slides into the tube attached to the hatch ... if the device fails or a dead battery you can just lift up the hatch ....m
Old 12-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered

Did you try to lift the hatch by hand. Many of the screw jacks are mounted on the hatch end with as slotted tube that allows about 6" of manual lift - you can then reach in and pull the pin. The hatches are usually heavy, so it may take some effort to determine if you have the slotted lift connection.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Cigaret lighter/charger in the cig lighter. Then you can use the motor to raise the hatch.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DORaymond
Did you try to lift the hatch by hand. Many of the screw jacks are mounted on the hatch end with as slotted tube that allows about 6" of manual lift - you can then reach in and pull the pin. The hatches are usually heavy, so it may take some effort to determine if you have the slotted lift connection.
This must be how mine is, I lifted it manually one time, real heavy too...
Old 12-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered

The powerquest I just bought can be opened all the way with out power! Funny part is you can raise the backseat and access whatever would be needed!

Quick Reply: stuck hatch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.